Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kent Police💤💤💤💤

Kent Police💤💤💤💤

Hi, is anyone on here in the Kent area waiting on renewals or applications??
    my license ran out in December 2015 sent old license back early November, renewal still on pile after nearly 5 months.
    Phoned last week to chase up, the snotty cow on the other end just said we are short staffed your get it when you get it!!!!
    Absolute disgrace 😡😡😡

I have dealt with Kent firearms department for over 40 years now and can only praise them highly. I sent my renewal off last week knowing there are delays as with most other counties and made sure I had stocked up on ammo, however, 5 months is a very long time to wait, I hope yours is with you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by stugun View Post
    Hi, is anyone on here in the Kent area waiting on renewals or applications??
    my license ran out in December 2015 sent old license back early November, renewal still on pile after nearly 5 months.
    Phoned last week to chase up, the snotty cow on the other end just said we are short staffed your get it when you get it!!!!
    Absolute disgrace 
    Not my experience.
    My FEO is very professional (as were the FLT at HQ when I have had contact with them) and I have never had a problem.
    Which area are you?

Get your support body to help. Write to the Chief Constable and complain politely. Also demand a section 7 cert as it is just as much bother to issue that as to send out your real tickets they might mysteriously surface.

David.

Yes might try that.
    im in Maidstone

Just down the road from you so probably dealing with the same people. My variation has just come through from 15 December but then I expected it to take that long. They have said from the start that their priority is renewals so while I do feel for you in your delay I have to say that despite the wait my dealings with them have all been positive. Hopefully you will be sorted soon.

So five months without the ability to stalk, it's a joke
    stalkingkent what a mo did you stock up on, hope it's not expanding ?

Kent Police FA dept, used to be very efficient, but I am afraid to say are sadly lacking in efficiency these days. It is not the fault of the Firearms officers in general, it is the staff at Police HQ that seem to have problems in my opinion. Snotty replies are not the way to treat people, and I would write a letter of complaint to the Police crime commissioner if this is the attitude given, as there is really no need for it.

I had a similar problem with my partners FAC which ran out in September last year. It took some 4 or 5 months, and was only through my phoning and asking politely for them to sort it out. Kent seem to be under a lot of pressure with staff leaving and new staff who are being trained. But that's there issue not ours.

Do not be fobbed off, point out that having paid for the service, you are asking for a simple task to be completed and that there is no excuse for such bad service.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I must say I agreed with Sikamaic, there is no need to treat the girls at Kent FA dept any name, yes they are slow due to lack of staff but if there is an emergency they do get out of there way to help, it happen to me last December and i was very please with the service

Part of the problem might well be the Kent Crime Commissioner. The BASC are trying to get her to change her stance over licensing as she seems to be either biased or ignorant of the real facts.

David.