Reloading

Uncle f

Does anyone know of anyone who will reload for me. I'm not really into reloading and would like to get someone to load some rounds for me.
Is there anyone out there who offers this sevice?
Regard Steve

Does anyone know of anyone who will reload for me. I'm not really into reloading and would like to get someone to load some rounds for me.
Regard Steve

Have a word with HPS at Newent. +44 (0) 1531 822641 info@hps-tr.com. They will load to your specification.

They also have an outlet at the Bisley ranges in your county...but I think that is occasional rather than constant.

Alan

Regard Steve

Most gunhops stock this stuff .......................... it's known and Factory Ammunition ;) .

Yep thanks for the replies using factory ammo at present but just seeing if I can reduce costs etc. I have all of my spent brass cases.
Will do my homework
Regards Steve

Steve

A couple of questions -

What calibre are you shooting?
Are you wanting match ammunition or expanding ammunition or both?

Thanks

JCS

Calibre is 6.5x55. Currently using sako 120 grain ballistic tip ammo. To be fair I have had absolutely no issues with any rounds and it work fine in my scultz and Larson victory rifle.
Just testing the waters really to see what's out there. The sako factory ammo is quite hard to get down this way so just picked up some more rounds x40.

Regard Steve

Yep thanks for the replies using factory ammo at present but just seeing if I can reduce costs etc. I have all of my spent brass cases.
Will do my homework
Regards Steve

HPS will reload your own free issue brass. I do not know about the others srvet listed.

If it is on a cost basis rather than wanting a load specific for your barrel, have you tried PPU ammunition? Dauntsey guns have soft point and FMJ in a number of calibres and for less than it would cost to load....£12-£15 a box of 20.

Before anybody responds that you can reload for 3p a round, remember that Steve is not able to contribute his time for free...so factor in the bottle of wine or two as a thankyou and PPU will be cheaper.

Alan

Thanks Alan for your input and replies. Going down to Swindon in Thursday so will pop in
regards Steve

See if your local gunshop has a reloading setup you can use.
I reload at a gunshop using their facilities, and only pay for what I actually use (e.g., no need for me to buy a big tub of powder or a whole box of bullets - I can load as many or as few as I like).
Also have the benefit of someone on hand to help make sure I get it right.
I pay £15 per year for the use of the equipment, and it's costing me about £8 to load 20 rounds.

Ok will do I will ask my local gunshop. It happens to be William Evans at Bisley.

Many thanks for all of the help and replies

regard Steve

Last edited:
Steve, if you shoot at Bisley, you could pop into the OSM, its the first building you see on the right as you drive in, the RFD there is Dan Archer, he is a great bloke and you could do worse than have word with him, he and his wife run the club. He also can teach you how to reload, and even rent out the reloading bench by the hour . cheers guy

Ok that sounds very helpful mate. I think I've got some stuff sorted but that's great to know

thanks for taking the time to reply mate

regards Steve

Back