Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open fac ticket

Open fac ticket

I'm looking for some advice on getting a ticket opened. I've had it 3 years and only had a 243 for a year but out with it about once a week and have problem is I've got land that's not cleared for calibers no higher than rimfire but in the right hand its can quite safely be shot and especially from highs seats. Will a force open a ticket up in a year?
    Cheers Ben

Quote Originally Posted by -ben- View Post
    I'm looking for some advice on getting a ticket opened. I've had it 3 years and only had a 243 for a year but out with it about once a week and have problem is I've got land that's not cleared for calibers no higher than rimfire but in the right hand its can quite safely be shot and especially from highs seats. Will a force open a ticket up in a year?
    Cheers Ben
    Put it in a letter that you req an open ticket, post it to your flo,,, tell them why you req it open ,,
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Cheers Ben
    West Mercia opened mine after a year, after I wrote them a letter outlining why I wanted it opened and asked nicely. So try your luck and see what they say...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I will give it a go would be handy as allot of land around Suffolk is very flat and it can be shot safely and it's a nuisance getting land cleared when you have just been given permission.
    Cheers Ben

I will give it a go would be handy as allot of land around Suffolk is very flat and it can be shot safely and it's a nuisance getting land cleared when you have just been given permission.
    Cheers Ben
    Tell me about it! I waited ten months to have my permissions cleared after the centre fire variation. The condition was lifted after three years but only after another protracted wait for land to be cleared.

If the land has previously been cleared it should almost be possible to get the register checked and the okay over the phone. However....one of my ten month delayed permissions had been cleared previously...The ten months was required to phone the landowner and ask if any more roads or houses had been built on the land.

I read somewhere that lifting the condition was often done (upon request) on renewal of the first FAC. This was in the days of three year certificate terms. The three year condition lifting review has apparently been carried on by many firearms department even after the advent of the five year certificate period.

Worth a letter of request to lift the condition to your FLO outlining the reason...not too sure about the advisability of using the "nuisance" argument though!

Alan

Compose a letter stating that you have now been shooting your 243 every week for a year now and have gained experience in recognising safe backstops, when not to take shots, public rights of way, boundaries and respect for livestock etc......
    Also state that you have had to pass up invitations to shoot and taking on more ground because the landowner does not want the intrusion of a land check.

Ian.

Will a force open a ticket up in a year?
    Mine did.

ile give it a go its with suffolk

Mine was opened for 243 in just under a year. When i put a variation in i asked them to consider a less restrictive ticket as i had 6 new pieces of land just acquired which i would have to get cleared so it would save them work!!

If you make your case in writing and are reasonable and focus on safety issues and your experience, you will find the Firearms Licensing Manager will also reasonable.
    What they do not want is get lots of outstanding cases of land to clear (time...costs...)
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....