Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any Other Lawful Quarry - now withdrawn by ACPO?????

  1. #1

    Any Other Lawful Quarry - now withdrawn by ACPO?????

    I've just been told by my local FLD that ACPO have now 'withdrawn' the advised AOLQ condition and they (local FLD) will only be adding species specific conditions in future.

    Anyone have any further info on this or is it a localised policy?

  2. #2
    In A&S I applied to have my 2 CFs conditioned for vermin. They conditioned the smaller but not the larger, and said if I want conditions on the larger I would have to apply species by species and give good reason, following guidance from ACPO liason man.
    It is county by county as per usual.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    In A&S...........
    I was thinking more about the 'sensible' counties which had already implimented the AOLQ condition - not those still shown on the map as 'Here be Dragons'.

    Have they all retrenched or is it just a little local difficulty?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I was thinking more about the 'sensible' counties which had already implimented the AOLQ condition - not those still shown on the map as 'Here be Dragons'.

    Have they all retrenched or is it just a little local difficulty?
    Orion, I am still awaiting a reply from the West Mercia Chief Constable on the conditioning of AOLQ. I had a nice letter back from his Staff Officer saying he will answer me in due course.

    After what happened in Whitehaven, I am not going to hold my breath.

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Orion, I am still awaiting a reply from the West Mercia Chief Constable on the conditioning of AOLQ. I had a nice letter back from his Staff Officer saying he will answer me in due course.

    After what happened in Whitehaven, I am not going to hold my breath.

    ft
    i think that man only had target shooting on his ticket for the .22lr so what ever it can be used for makes no difference to me or the police surely? i think it should be "any legal quarry" this would be simple!! when you have a firearm to shoot over land. i myself have A,shooting of fox B,shooting of deer.(.243-.308)if i wanted to shoot wild boar ide have to show good reason!! but i thought good reason was to acquire the firearm!! not the quarry.i have the firearm!! what i shoot with it should be up to me. strange, but if you put in for a .22lr it comes back with vermin on it!! why don't they have,A,rabbit B,rat C,squirrill.....ect..ect,just a thought.

  6. #6
    I don't really have an issue with it, it seems quite reasonable to me.

    .223 for fox and vermin, which covers most things and is all I would ever use it for anyway.
    .22wmr and .17hmr for vermin, again all I need.

    for the 4 or 5 stalks a year I'll use estate rifles, which saves me having to buy one... and I don't imagine I'll ever see any wild boar on any of my permissions.
    (feo said if I decide to get my own stalking rifle it would not be a problem)
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I don't really have an issue with it, it seems quite reasonable to me.

    .223 for fox and vermin, which covers most things and is all I would ever use it for anyway.
    .22wmr and .17hmr for vermin, again all I need.

    for the 4 or 5 stalks a year I'll use estate rifles, which saves me having to buy one... and I don't imagine I'll ever see any wild boar on any of my permissions.
    (feo said if I decide to get my own stalking rifle it would not be a problem)
    Si

    That is obviously the answer from an I`m alright Jack occasional stalker. You say you dont have an issue i dont see how you could have a considered opinion as a lack of experience is very evident in your post.
    We must stick together and help individuals many who may be struggling to make a living from what maybe a part time whimsical hobby for some but an everyday battle for financial survival for others.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Si

    That is obviously the answer from an I`m alright Jack occasional stalker. You say you dont have an issue i dont see how you could have a considered opinion as a lack of experience is very evident in your post.
    We must stick together and help individuals many who may be struggling to make a living from what maybe a part time whimsical hobby for some but an everyday battle for financial survival for others.
    Not at all... I'd like to see the end of species related conditions altogether even though in the main they don't affect me.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  9. #9
    Just got my ticket back from Thames Valley, All legal quarry (or words to that effect) printed against my 7mm and .243.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Just got my ticket back from Thames Valley, All legal quarry (or words to that effect) printed against my 7mm and .243.
    Yes, but does it actually say "any other lawful quarry" as per my original question before this thread went off at a tangent?

    I'm sure that many of you have very interesting conditions on your FACs, but the question is - have ACPO actually advised the forces to stop using the AOLQ condition, or is it stll being used by some constabularies?

Similar Threads

  1. BASC announces ACPO ruling on centrefires
    By Baldrick in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-11-2010, 19:58
  2. Any other legal quarry?
    By finnbear270 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-04-2010, 15:10
  3. Quarry Changes
    By dave 67 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-01-2009, 18:43
  4. withdrawn
    By nuttyspaniel in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 17:57
  5. Quarry shoot
    By Trapper in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 19:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •