Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screw cutting, North Yorkshire area

Screw cutting, North Yorkshire area

Evening,

Can anyone recommend/know a decent gunsmith near to Catterick area that would be able to screw cut my. 243?

Regards
    Nick

Steve kershaw just past york worth a try
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

+1 for Steve Kershaw, he's done three rifles for me and sorted a .22lr that had previously been butchered when it was shortened and screw cut elsewhere.

He's about 70 miles away from Catterick.

hh

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Steve kershaw just past york worth a try
    +1 He will do a top job. With the now stupid cost of moving firearms around with TNT its a no brainer not to get the car out

I used Steve kershaw for a rebarrel job excellent workmanship and back in my hand in 2 weeks,
    Ps.. bugger me it shoots well too !!
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Cheers for the input, I'll get on the phone and sort it for when Im back from Denmark

I dropped mine off and went into york shopping for a couple of hours then called back for them if it's just one rifle he may do it while you wait , top notch job on three rifles.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Brian Webster for me top notch gunsmith,also a little closer.He is based at West Tanfield on the way to Masham .

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS WORLEY View Post
    Brian Webster for me top notch gunsmith,also a little closer.He is based at West Tanfield on the way to Masham .
    Yes for shotgun work not sure about rifles

Got mine done through Northallerton Shooting who have been using the same chap for years. Very Good.
    bryn