Thread: Foreign hunters bring guns into the UK.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

Foreign hunters bring guns into the UK.

On the permit application, I noticed that you have to answer a couple of mental health questions and provide the name and phone number for your doctor. Do they really call your doctor and check on you? Or do they just call if you check yes on the mental health question. No, it's not an issue for me, just wondering. Can't imagine they could call everyone's doctor. Languages, time zones, plus just getting the doctor to answer. It could takes weeks to get my doctor on the phone, I usually never see him, just the PA.
    Thanks,

I have arranged many visitors permits over the years. To my knowledge the police have never contacted the doctor. Any American citizen will have to prove that they hunt by sending a copy of their state hunting licence or proof of membership of a hunting club as the USA do not have FA licences. If its a European citizen they will want to see a copy of their EU firearms passport.

I have never had a client refused entry yet, and the police do check the register I believe with Interpol and other major organisations to make sure you have no record. The fee is now 20 per client, and the temporary visitors firearms cert is sent to me and then I post to the client. You must have this with you on entry and exit from the UK if you are bringing your own rifle and ammo. You must also make sure you sign it on receipt of the licence.

I forgot to add that you need to be sponsored by someone in the UK. They have to fill in the forms and apply for the certificate, not you.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Although you need to be sponsored by someone resident in the UK and they must fill in the forms and apply for the certificate and not you as the actual gun owner that person filling the form out needs not to be a shooter/hunter could even be my 74 year old sister for example (strange ruling IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    I forgot to add that you need to be sponsored by someone in the UK. They have to fill in the forms and apply for the certificate, not you.
    Presumably this in case a hunter brings in a weapon and leaves without it.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Thanks all.