Light stalking trousers

243Dan

I need some decent light stalking trousers for the warmer weather. My current ones are killing me off as it's getting warmer,

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Yes, just plain simple walking trousers from an outdoor shop. Hunt around and you can find them in a natty green.

I just buy plain green ones from an army surplus store.

A pair of Camo surplus trousers, in your size will be the cheapest option. And hard to beat for comfort, quick drying ability and pockets! MTP probably most versatile cam, but DPM a close second.

The North Face [FONT=Helvetica Neue LT W04_77 Bd Cn]Men's Paramount Peak II Convertible Trousers, [/FONT]have done me very well. Used them for beating two or three days a week, a week or twos hiking, holiday and conference travel and a few days stalking in the summers for over 12 years. I spent £6 on a new zip last year.

My original pair are in charcoal grey but last year they started doing them in Green. I posted on SD that the green ones were on offer at half price a few months ago, but they do not appear to list them on the main North Face site any more, just the charcoal and beige ones...you might be able to pick up old stock green ones elsewhere.

If you are 33"-35" waist I might be persuaded to let you have a pair that I stocked up with...At almost pension age it was slightly over optimistic for me to stock up with 2 extra pairs on top of the one I bought last year....if the originals last another year or two I have over 60 years in hand!

Alan

ebay you can get a pair of cammo tracksuit bottoms in a light cotton for warm weather for a tenner or loads of last year 2014/15 deerhunter brand stuff for less than 30 quid which are great they are pretty water proof dry quick and who cares if you rip then on fences!

I have a couple of pars of fjallraven trousers and really rate them all but the Sarek model are lightweight and extremely robust. Costly but worth it for overall life costs of the trousers.

The North Face [FONT=Helvetica Neue LT W04_77 Bd Cn]Men's Paramount Peak II Convertible Trousers, [/FONT]have done me very well. Used them for beating two or three days a week, a week or twos hiking, holiday and conference travel and a few days stalking in the summers for over 12 years. I spent £6 on a new zip last year.

My original pair are in charcoal grey but last year they started doing them in Green. I posted on SD that the green ones were on offer at half price a few months ago, but they do not appear to list them on the main North Face site any more, just the charcoal and beige ones...you might be able to pick up old stock green ones elsewhere.

If you are 33"-35" waist I might be persuaded to let you have a pair that I stocked up with...At almost pension age it was slightly over optimistic for me to stock up with 2 extra pairs on top of the one I bought last year....if the originals last another year or two I have over 60 years in hand!

Alan

Yes agree, have two pairs after returning a pair of faulty trainers to North Face. Bought replacement trainers for £17 and exchanged my faulty trainers for two pairs of these trousers. I think they are excellent. I use them for a lot of stuff, very durable despite being lightweight.

In fact I am wearing a pair now!!!

Back