Sporting Gun Magazine....... Classic!

Dorsettaff

12928315_10153545519273951_4286245240890778924_n.jpg

Well Gents.....all we need to know about "the cartridge" is right here in Sporting Gun.

Ive obviously been doing it wrong for years....time to ditch all those silly old brass thingys that Ive been attaching to "the cartridge" with all that messy propellant stuff and a source of ignition.

Anyone had any experience of these polymer "bullets"? :rofl:

Was the Editor asleep at his desk for this one?

My apologies..... asleep at their desk!

Agreed....I think a sub editor will be in line for a rollicking!

View attachment 68709

Well Gents.....all we need to know about "the cartridge" is right here in Sporting Gun.

Ive obviously been doing it wrong for years....time to ditch all those silly old brass thingys that Ive been attaching to "the cartridge" with all that messy propellant stuff and a source of ignition.

Anyone had any experience of these polymer "bullets"? :rofl:

Was the Editor asleep at his desk for this one?

Is that not correct then!!!!!

It is an April Fools joke !
The editor cannot get the magazine out on a specific date but it was near enough to April the 1st as possible.
In real life that looks very much like an HE Artillery shell but with the wrong terminology and an added bit ;)

Not so sure about April Fools with that magazine. Made to mistake of wasting the money to buy it once................................. never again.

T:rofl:hats whats known as a suppository round with a seating depth of up to the hilt!!!

Don't mention hilt because that's another error in the guide to stalking that was missed by the proof reader.
Apparently stalkers should carry a fixed blade knife carried in a HILT. :-|

Looks like the proof reader or sub-editor had a bad day or too much of a liquid lunch when proof reading this month's magazine.

I will put my hands up and say that I have purchased this magazine ever since it first hit the news stands in the early seventies and I still enjoy the format of the magazine. I just wish that they could be just a little bit more careful.

OK, which of us has never made a spelling mistake in a post or used the wrong word in a conversation? If you "proof read" the magazine she admits that it is her last issue and gives a reason for leaving. I admit to being one of SD's leading pedants but is it worth getting worked up about. Just write to the new editor and say that you hope such inaccuracy will be eliminated when they "new broom" the magazine! :)

David.

OK, which of us has never made a spelling mistake in a post or used the wrong word in a conversation? If you "proof read" the magazine she admits that it is her last issue and gives a reason for leaving. I admit to being one of SD's leading pedants but is it worth getting worked up about. Just write to the new editor and say that you hope such inaccuracy will be eliminated when they "new broom" the magazine! :)

David.

Why is she leaving?

Back