Thread: Nightforce NXS

Nightforce NXS

I have been looking at these for a while. I am a S&B man but would like to get a Nightforce to see what they are like.
    I am after a NXS 5.5-22x56 NP2DD ret.
    i have a S&B 4-16x50 Varmint which I would rather keep and possibly put on something else, but would consider a swap if needs be.

I suggest don't do it. I sold a Schmidt to get a night force nxs 5.5-22 x 50 and i hated it.
    If you're after a more tactical scope and you like schmidt then you can't look else where than a pm2. My pm2 is a different league to a nightforce nxs. Yes they are more expensive but definitely worth it

I must agree with Dan on this! I bought his old one and whilst it's good in the daytime it is pretty shocking at dusk and dawn. That said I've used worse and taken plenty of deer with it.

Joe

I've got the scope your after pm me if your interested

Don't make me feel bad Joe. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjoe View Post
    I must agree with Dan on this! I bought his old one and whilst it's good in the daytime it is pretty shocking at dusk and dawn. That said I've used worse and taken plenty of deer with it.

Joe
    Do you have the same scope as me? If you do I have found when the light fades there is a milky/smokey tinge in the glass or tube making things harder to see. I have Minox binocs and could see through those, but struggled to make rabbits out in the scope. Does yours suffer this problem too?

No need to feel bad Dan! It serves its purpose well enough, I've not the money to go a pm2 or the like.
    As to the smokey/milkyness in the lenses at dusk, that's never been a problem that I've noticed.
    its just a case of the lenses/coatings not being up to much in the light gathering department!