Thread: Firearms at 2 addresses ?

Firearms at 2 addresses ?

Hi Guys,

I spend 4 nights at home and 3 at another address at weekends where I do most of my shooting. I'm getting a cabinet at the other address as I would like to leave a rifle there.

Is it just a matter of informing the local police whom I assume will send someone out to check the security arrangements ?

Does the FAC need to be updated etc ?

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Spoole76 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I spend 4 nights at home and 3 at another address at weekends where I do most of my shooting. I'm getting a cabinet at the other address as I would like to leave a rifle there.

Is it just a matter of informing the local police whom I assume will send someone out to check the security arrangements ?

Does the FAC need to be updated etc ?

Regards

Steve
    I'll almost definitely be corrected but if you're keeping your guns at the house you describe as 'home' and then taking them to the other address at weekends where you've also installed a cabinet (for security whilst there) then there's no need to tell anyone.

If, however, they are to be permanently stored at your weekend address and not at 'home' then I would think the FAC would need updating. Although maybe it's one of those worm can arguments...

I expect it all depends on how long you'd like to leave the rifle there!

Hope that's vaguely helpful, someone much more in the know will no doubt give a more helpful answer.

T

I have my home address with approved security, Due to work I also regularly keep firearms at 2 other addresses, one within my county, one outside. Both of my away from home addresses have safes installed that have been inspected and approved by the relevant police force.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttoshoot View Post
    I'll almost definitely be corrected but if you're keeping your guns at the house you describe as 'home' and then taking them to the other address at weekends where you've also installed a cabinet (for security whilst there) then there's no need to tell anyone.

If, however, they are to be permanently stored at your weekend address and not at 'home' then I would think the FAC would need updating.
    This^

the one they live in for the majority is on the FAC
    the other is no-one's fecking business!

Where on the FAC would that be then?

F

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    Where on the FAC would that be then?

F

OK not physically on the paper but on the system for when they send the black helicopters around

I had same situation recently - lived in Reading, spent a lot of time in Manchester with my other half. Had shooting (and cabinets) at both locations... I spoke the GMP and asked what they wanted me to do as Thames Valley were my issuing force. I can't remember the response, but it was unhelpful and inconclusive! Spoke to my FLO at Thames Valley who was really helpful and he advised to write to the authority who issued my certificate, informing them that guns would be stored at another location (detailing the address) on an ad hoc basis, and could they inform whoever they saw fit. His point was that GMP would prefer a note on their system if firearms were stored in a house in case of a fire or break in being reported etc.

i did the above, had confirmation from ThamesValley and never heard any more. Job done!

if you want to pm me I can prob find the email I sent Thames valley...

Suggest you look at the replies to a very similar thread I posted some months ago, concencus is not an issue.

D