First buck of the season with the K31 7.5x55mm

Nicely done. Just got mine cleared for use in the field. Can't wait to see what the better weather will bring.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark
The K31 must have one of the best double stage triggers going and a smooth action. Could be the poor mans Blaser ! I may fit one of the quick detachable scope mounts that require no drilling or alterations to the rifle.
Best
Garry

Hi Mark
The K31 must have one of the best double stage triggers going and a smooth action. Could be the poor mans Blaser ! I may fit one of the quick detachable scope mounts that require no drilling or alterations to the rifle.
Best
Garry
I have one of those, returns to zero well,best suited to a 1" tube I tend towards a Simmons 1.5x5 WTC although I have in the past used a 30mm EB Sniper 20x42 for 1000 yrd shooting, although that is a bit of a neck ache to get a sight picture so I usually go for iron sights now.

Hi kennyc
I'm using Sierra 165gr soft points on a charge of V160 in new PPU brass.
Best
Garry
thanks, I keep meaning to try out the 150 Prohunters that I normally use, although I had thought about something a bit heavier as the rifle was designed around a 174grn bullet. I am finding Reloder 17 good for target use behind a 174 grn PPU bullet in what must now be 10x reloaded PPU brass

Hi
Have any of you K31 owners checked for a troop tag under the butt plate ? Mines has one and was just curious if any of you had one as well.
Best
Garry

Hi Mark
Best
Garry

My eyes aren't great with irons, so I fitted the S&K instamounts (from Brownells, including 1" rings) and a cheap pistol scope from Fox firearms, just in case it didn't work out. Very pleased with the results on the range, so will look for a better scope to hunt with.

Regards

Mark

Back