Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope they didn't.

Hope they didn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...s/10224789.stm

Sincerely hope they are not guilty but the response suggests no smoke without fire. Fieldsports have enough nails in the coffin without any more being added.

There is no need to poson raptors, it gets us a bad press and poison is indiscriminate.

I had read that and it is amazing the way the RSPB seem to find a high profile estate to "swoop" on almost every week. Then in some remote outbuilding they find the poison and all this conincides with what seems to be an "anti-gamekeeper" drive on their part. On top of it they get 45 officers for their operation. Your granny could be clubbed to death in her own home and she'd be lucky to get a crime number and told they are too busy to send someone to help.

The RSPB have an anti-shooting agenda and a proportion of the membership are highly motivated to save the earth from the evil gamekeeper. The Moy estate is home of the Highland Game Fair and all of a sudden it is raided. Anyone else smell a rat?

RSPB SSPCA RSPCA Make my skin crawl bunch of parasites i would not give them one pennie.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Did others see this announcement: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Art...47106/?UserKey I saw it written up (in the Daily Telegraph I believe) but funnily enough it doesn't get the same coverage as the missives from the RSPB, more's the pity.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Having lost a really good dog a few years ago to poisoning - local game keeper was laying down poison for red kites - any body stupid enough to use poison frankly deserves what they get, not only for the poisoning but also for being stupid enough to use it as you are bound to get caught and to give every body else a bad name.

Firstly it would be interesting to know when the grouse was found with the poison, possibly the late 70's. It could be anytime. Secondly it is poison season for such as rats. A lot of poisons are put down by farmers for rats and can kill a second time with the carcase being scavenged, Note there is no mention of the poison. Keepers have been critical of RSPB being used for searches. Different if looking for live birds but civilians with a vested interest against the persons being searched are invited onto private property. Oh and June is the month for such revelations. In conjunction with the BBC they use it annually to launch their appeal.
    Jim

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I read in Shooting Times recently that the RSPB had to issue an apology in Birds magazine for using a faked photo of a dead buzzard in an article about illegal persecution. I've looked through the copies of Birds in my dentist's waiting room but haven't found it yet, nor anything on their website.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Rspb officers are NOT allowed onto your Land unless they mentioned in the search warrant.
    Only officers of the law are able to execute a search warrant and anyone other than a officer of the law has to named on the warrant..

regards
    Griff
    Last edited by griff; 04-06-2010 at 10:02.

Has anyone noticed the weight of the response to this supposed infringement, when was this sort of turnout seen for poaching on deer / armed trespass/ running dogs?....................... OOPs I better keep quiet now thats one post this week!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I know these guys well , they are good lads and I hope they are doing ok.

I've been through all this in the past and it's a horrible thing not only for you but also your family,[no charges brought, and although I named the crofter responsible they searched my house and I was kept in custody for 6hours, he was never approached!]

The keepers boss was a signature on the letter a few weeks past.

I can't comment on this case, but this stuff is still happening and keepers are taking the flack, I just hope these lads have the full support of their employer as it is he who profits from their hard work.

25 - 30 officers!!!!! I have spoken to many cops on this subject and they are realling over the manpower used in these incidents compared to the staff availability for real crime, or at least crime against humans.