Thread: M695 Plastic

M695 Plastic

Looking for an opinion

Thinking about getting rid of my Sauer 202, lovely rifle but there is just something that i cant put my finger on!

Anyway, i have seen a Tikka M695 in 6.5x55 with a plastic stock.

I have a .22-250 M595 in wood and really like it and i erroneously bought a 690 in wood that was great (apart from the shagged barrel) so i like the rifles in general

What is the plastic stock like with regard to stiffness? etc

Dan

(fairly upset that the Tikka in the classifieds is a left hander!)

I have a 595 in .222 with a plastic stock. The stock fits me well and I haven't had any real problems with it but I think it could be improved upon. I have trimmed the barrel chanel back slightly where it has distorted ever so slightly and touched the barrel but that was more a precautionary move rather than out of necessity.
    Overall it's my favourite rifle, not at all flash but reliable and very accurate.

I don't suppose you fancy a 695 deluxe in 7x64? York guns have a beauty! Northallerton Gunshop has a Sako 75 deluxe in 6.5x55 too.

Atb, ft

PS, I did my shooting test with a .308 595 synthetic, it was bendy/ish when used off a badly aligned bi-pod, but nothing a better technique would not sort out. I like them!
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Hi I have a 695 in 270 and the stock fits realy well in the hand/shoulder its better than others i have looked at
    amberdog
    /

Cant see the Sako on the Northallerton website, do you know how much it is going for?

Looking for something a bit more standard than a 7x64 and also have a 30-06 slot waiting to be filled! (maybe a Ruger M77 Hawkeye that i have seen!)

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    Cant see the Sako on the Northallerton website, do you know how much it is going for?
    Dan
    It was in Guntrader and I have given my copy away unfortunately, so I cannot give you the details. I believe it was 800 and screw cut.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.