Thread: Parker Hale Pro Stalker

Parker Hale Pro Stalker

I purchased a Parker Hale .308 a little while back (on the spur of the moment) and then realised that it wasnt a Safari as I had assumed. After a quite long and almost fruitless search I was able to get it identified by Bill Smallwood at Norman Clark of Rubgy as

Your gun is a Pro stalker with a Voure action and bolt. These were made approx between 1997 2000.

Very few were made yours had a walnut stock but they also did a laminate stock version. The very last few had a Parker Hale shroud, trigger and safety catch but yours has the military trigger.

Super to shoot and very accurate but I''m interested to know anyone's experience with such a rifle.

Norman

Have never seen or heard of these some decent photos would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    Have never seen or heard of these some decent photos would be interesting to see.
    Any Good? BTW the riflr has been fitted with Parher Hale steel scope mounts and a Hawke 4-12x40 scope

Norman

Thank you that is not a stock style for Parker-Hale that I have seen before most interesting as it is totally different to any that a web search threw up. The "Pro Stalker" that came up had the 1300S type laminate stock and Muzzle break on it. Those scope bases look like normal P-H alloy ones! Did they make steel versions of them.

That rifle is crying out for a nice 6x42 European scope that would finish off it's classical lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    Thank you that is not a stock style for Parker-Hale that I have seen before most interesting as it is totally different to any that a web search threw up. The "Pro Stalker" that came up had the 1300S type laminate stock and Muzzle break on it. Those scope bases look like normal P-H alloy ones! Did they make steel versions of them.

That rifle is crying out for a nice 6x42 European scope that would finish off it's classical lines.
    Bill did refer to a laminate stock as an option, should have said scope rings not mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by nfarmer View Post
    Bill did refer to a laminate stock as an option, should have said scope rings not mounts.
    Oh I have heard of early P-H rings being steel but those that I used on my BSA 270 were of the alloy type and all that was available at that time. This was in the early 1990's though. At a gunfair at Bisley saw an early BSA .22 L/R with steel rings holding a steel scope of some make that I could not read. Interesting though it was it was priced way to high for me. It was set up in the late 40's or early 50's so the dealer said.