Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: READ THIS !!!!! no matter what your opinion is

READ THIS !!!!! no matter what your opinion is

I've just been informed that unless I actually register specifically to vote in the referendum I don't get to vote
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Established Poster
    And whoever told you it is one (or more) of the following :

1. Wrong
    2. Stupid
    3. Lying

If you are on the electoral register, you get to vote in the EU referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by riflerob View Post
    Yes. Agreed

Ive just reregistered just in case,and sent the toilet papers back for me and the rest of my extended family,
    DONT START

Why bother to vote, H.M. Govt. has already told us what we must think and do in that horrendously expensive leaflet that we have all just paid £ 9 million for?

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Why bother to vote, H.M. Govt. has already told us what we must think and do in that horrendously expensive leaflet that we have all just paid £ 9 million for?
    OK, I've stayed out of this particular angle of the discussion, but now I have to say that I don't really understand what the problem is with the government's leaflets. The Government's position is quite clearly and openly that the UK should remain in the EU. That's its' recommendation, that's how it would like us to vote, but in the end, it's down to us. They are not neutral on this matter, they think that this is the best outcome for the UK and the electorate, and it wants to explain why, but again, it's our choice. Doing things for our good is what the government is supposed to be for, so explaining why strikes me as perfectly legitimate. It's not stopping the other side from making their case. Why on earth would you expect them to promote a case that they oppose and neutralise their own efforts?

And to those who repeat ad nauseam "I want the FACTS!", well there are no facts about the future, only speculation, possibilities, informed guesswork. In the end, you have to take a chance.

I'm going to be ripped to shreds now, I realise....

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    OK, I've stayed out of this particular angle of the discussion, but now I have to say that I don't really understand what the problem is with the government's leaflets. The Government's position is quite clearly and openly that the UK should remain in the EU. That's its' recommendation, that's how it would like us to vote, but in the end, it's down to us. They are not neutral on this matter, they think that this is the best outcome for the UK and the electorate, and it wants to explain why, but again, it's our choice. Doing things for our good is what the government is supposed to be for, so explaining why strikes me as perfectly legitimate. It's not stopping the other side from making their case. Why on earth would you expect them to promote a case that they oppose and neutralise their own efforts?

And to those who repeat ad nauseam "I want the FACTS!", well there are no facts about the future, only speculation, possibilities, informed guesswork. In the end, you have to take a chance.

I'm going to be ripped to shreds now, I realise....
    No your not - especially with regards to your comment about there being ' no facts only speculation....'

My only caveat being ... as there are no facts then there can only be 'opinion' - although Govs are supposed to govern in our interests they don't always do they - so spending our money on pushing a specific agenda (which is not necessarily in our interests) is a concern.

PS - sending you a PM on advise about buying in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by riflerob View Post
    And whoever told you it is one (or more) of the following :

1. Wrong
    2. Stupid
    3. Lying

The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know - BBC News
    The UK's EU referendum: All you need to know - BBC News

Must of read it wrong then ''second sentence of how will you vote ''
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

[QUOTE=Pine Marten;1103444]OK, The Government's position is quite clearly and openly that the UK should remain in the EU. QUOTE]

However, HM Govt. doesn't think that we should remain in the EU.

The PM does, as do some members of his party, as do some of The Opposition, as do some from all the parties... The remainder don't...

£9m of our money was spent on junk mail and mine has been sent back. I am perfectly capable of finding out for myself the pros and cons, and dare say that anyone else that is interested will go to the trouble as well. Those that aren't interested won't be reading the junk mail, so it was a pretty pointless and expensive exercise.

In addition, and I truly hope that this is incorrect, the junk mail was printed in Germany. GERMANY FFS! Now, I have nothing against the Germans and their ability to print junk mail en masse (or whatever the German translation is), but it is pretty crass to outsource the printing of this rather high profile piece of literature.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Perhaps I'm missing the point here. Cameron encouraged those in his party to have a free opinion on the matter, which was as it should be. However to spend 9 million of our money on promoting one side of the argument seems to me to be wrong.
    If he wants to be seen to be fair and democratic on the matter then the out faction should have equal opportunities to put their side of the argument.
    However the whole exercise seems to be a horrendous waste of money