Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 222 dies

222 dies

Wanted a set of Lee or any other make full length 222 dies are there any out there.
    Last edited by sikadog; 18-04-2016 at 08:21.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I've got an RCBS set somewhere if interested. Also got a zero error target lee loader set doing nothing.

Set of used lee dies on eBay in .222 at the moment

Jfc if Sika is not interested in your rcbs dies I am ..sent you a pm

I looked at the ones on ebay and I think they are too expensive for used dies.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I looked at the ones on ebay and I think they are too expensive for used dies.
    What !
    At £20 too expensive ! Used or not, I've never known a set of Lee dies wear out.
    What did you expect to pay for a set ?

Here we go again, if I am going to buy used unseen I dont expect to pay more than 50-75% of the new price the ones on Ebay are £20+£3.50 post, I can buy new for £28.
    I also have never seen a set of Lee dies worn out, but I have seen them rusty, damaged from removing stuck cases, with threads damaged, and tightened up that tight that the threads were damaged.
    So I am not prepared to take the risk at the price they are asking.

OK, I was watching this post as I have a set and was considering offering them for £25 including postage.
    I have had them a long time and used them but not lately. I have looked at them and as far as I can see look as good as new.
    I certainly paid more than £28 for them then but haven't looked at the price new today, perhaps I should.
    Was the £28 new including postage or is there the usual £4,99 P&P to add on ?
    Mind you, if I wanted a set and could get a set for £28 I would go for that rather than take a chance, as you say, could be rusty or damaged.
    Good luck.

Here we go try these
    new from£38.30 From brownells
    Rifle Dies - Brownells UK

Or second hand Lee reloading dies | Strathaven, South Lanarkshire | Gumtree for £30
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

I bought a set of .22-250 rcbs dies of eBay..advert said 'no rust' well the de capping pun on the fl die was rusted to hell, the locking screws were rusted solid so could not free the nuts on either die...had to soak them in break cleaner and diesel to loosen them, plus the insides of the dies looked like they had been buried for 12 months...the cheeky barstool sent me a message to " leave him feedback"!