Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Involved in a bit of history.

Involved in a bit of history.

Hello fellow stalkers and hopefully generous AW witnesses.
    I need to find a reward to help get my son to start revising for his Gcse's. He's doing it currently!
    My son Hamish as far as I know is the youngest to pass his DSC1 through BASC and with the Deer Initiative at 14. He has an open FAC and shoots with me all over the country. He li ex and breathes shooting.
    I told him that he needed to shoot 20 Deer before he would be ready for his Dsc2.
    He did that by Christmas and I'm proud to say he is definitely ready.
    My plan is to offer him that if he works his pants off between now and mid June are there any AW's out there who could help him pass his 3 stalks with 3 kills etc required for his Dsc2.
    I have a month to play after his exams before he turns 16. on the 16th July so will have completed his portfolio by his 16th Birthday.
    We live in North Wales and have Fallow stalking here. We also have stalking that has Roe and red on it in the Highlands.
    Has anyone got land on that he could stalk with an AW that could give him the opportunity to achieve his ambition.
    Willing to swap or pay for the privilege of its possible.
    Any help would be greatly received. He's a cracking law who I love to bits. The more he revises for his exams hopefully the better his future will be. He just doesn't does quite grasp that concept.
    Thanks for reading,
    Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage man View Post
    I need to find a reward to help get my son to start revising for his Gcse's. He's doing it currently!
    My son Hamish as far as I know is the youngest to pass his DSC1 through BASC and with the Deer Initiative at 14. He has an open FAC and shoots with me all over the country. He li ex and breathes shooting.
    I told him that he needed to shoot 20 Deer before he would be ready for his Dsc2.
    My plan is to offer him that if he works his pants off between now and mid June are there any AW's out there who could help him pass his 3 stalks with 3 kills etc required for his Dsc2.
    I have a month to play after his exams before he turns 16. on the 16th July so will have completed his portfolio by his 16th Birthday.
    We live in North Wales and have Fallow stalking here. We also have stalking that has Roe and red on it in the Highlands.
    Has anyone got land on that he could stalk with an AW that could give him the opportunity to achieve his ambition.
    Any help would be greatly received. He's a cracking law who I love to bits. The more he revises for his exams hopefully the better his future will be. He just doesn't does quite grasp that concept.
    Thanks for reading,
    Andrew.
    The lad can come out with me for nowt over here in Norfolk, if it tickles his fancy. ��

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I've met Hamish and can say he came over as a very sensible and decent young lad. I'm sure he will go on to be a great ambassador of the sport and should be encouraged where ever possible. I hope a few can help him out.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen greatly appreciated.
    I'll tell him at teatime my plan so let revision commence.
    Warmest wishes.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sausage man View Post
    Thanks for reading,
    Andrew.
    Good luck. He sounds like he has the dedication needed to succeed, it's just a case of getting him to focus on the academic subjects for the time being.

You are not the only one in that boat, there are many parents across the country trying to get the same message across.

I have 22 15-16 year olds this morning who are in the final stages of their GCSE prep, some seem to think they have a lifetime for revision. It is hard to get them to understand how important it is sometimes.

Best of luck to him, I have a 13 year old that is hoping to sit his DSC1 at the next opportunity. I find bribery goes a long way!!

He's revising.
    I have an even better bribery tool to unleash for making him revise, watch this space if it comes off.

I concur with woodmaster's view that Hamish whom I helped on his Level 1 is a fine sensible young stalker who should be given this chance.

Moreover, we mature stalkers should do more to encourage 'young shots' through a bit of extra generosity

And his Dad's a good bloke too!
    Cheers, K

Well gentlemen.
    I sent an email to Charlie Jacoby from Field Sports Britain asking him would he be interested in doing an article on Hamish and his Dsc2 (looks good for young shots) etc though it would be worth a punt late on Sunday night.
    Charlie and I are talking on the phone before 9am the next morning and he was making a program in the area today about catapult hunting and desperately needed some land to shoot a squirrel or a rabbit on. I normally have an abundance of both. I can't go into the details yet but Hamish had the day off school so much for his revision we have just returned from a full day of filming with John a catapult expert and Hamish learning the ropes. The program is on air tomorrow night. If Hamish works his pants off between tomorrow and 16th June FSB are going to do another program on him doing his Dsc2.
    How about that for an interesting incentive to revise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    So what I need now is an AW who has stalking land too preferably in the South West which is closer to Charlie's home who wants to be on television (free advertising globally) who has a availability for Roe or Muntjac between 16th June and 16th July.
    Anybody game or know anybody?
    I'll do a proper write up on today once it's been aired tomorrow evening!
    If this doesn't give Hamish the drive to revise then he's doomed!

Dear fellow Stalking Directory members,
    Please can you help!
    I've been sadly let down 10 mins ago by an AW (through no fault of his own) in trying to get my son to finish of this DSC2 this weekend. I had been using this as a bargaining tool to get him to revise for his GCSE's and he worked his pants off.
    As far as we are aware he will be the youngest person to complete the course at 15 but trust me gents he is a phenomenal stalker and would put most of us to shame. He's shot 30 plus deer now and sailed through his Dsc1 at 14 so is more than ready for his DSC2.
    Are there any free AW's for this weekend that could help him on his quest?
    We live in North Wales and can travel anywhere to meet up to shoot. Sadly we have no Roe or Munties on your land.
    We need to get it done by July 15th as he is 16 on the 16th.
    Hamish is truly an incredible lad and really can't let him down after revising so hard for his exams so any help possible for this or next weekend would make me eternally grateful.
    Warmest wishes,
    Andrew.