Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Bets scope for foxing

  1. #1

    Bets scope for foxing

    looking for advise on what scope to get for foxing for my .243 been using a night force 12x42x56 since having it missed a few fox's not a happy chap its on the button 1 inch high at 100yds missed two last night can't understand it maybe just nerves first 100yd shot fox was facing me on its way back to the den must have winded me stop in its tracks missed it gutted,second shot 80yds broad side missed i need a drink lol advise boys not looking to
    get the piss taking out of me just advise should i got for a fixed mag , anyone else use this model of scope for foxing.

  2. #2
    Out of all the scopes I've tried for me I keep arriving at the same scope that I think is perfect for foxing under the lamp. The good old s&b 8x56

  3. #3
    How were you shooting - off sticks or from a bipod/sand bag?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    How were you shooting - off sticks or from a bipod/sand bag?
    I agree more info required, I wouldn't think its down to the scope unless its faulty or loose. have you rechecked the zero.
    Paul

  5. #5
    shooting from bipod on the front of pickup i think its user error i had a great grouping the same day at a target but still missed i think its just lack of experience shooting charlie

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by solo gun View Post
    i had a great grouping the same day at a target but still missed i think its just lack of experience shooting charlie
    shooting papper and shooting live quarry are two very differnt things you dont get the rush of nerves and excitment and the fox/buck fever that comes along to if it were me i would check the zero, i always check zero if i miss twice in a row then just get back out there again and give it another go

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Just keep your night force on 12x magnification and practice more.
    Put targets out at different ranges (say 80, 100 & 120 yards).
    Before shooting walk briskly round your vehicle several times before taking rifle out and taking a shot at each range.
    Main thing is getting used to your rifle and scope and having confidence in them.
    Nothing better than practice to do this, under simulated shooting conditions.
    Dont play about with variable magnification. 12x is more than enough for the ranges mentioned.

  9. #9
    As has already said shooting paper is one thing shooting live quarry when the pressure is on is a completely different ball game,
    Once you've checked everything is tight if you can re-enact your outing shooting at targets at variety of distances.
    Can be different at night under a lamp.
    Is someone else holding lamp or are you?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sikasako View Post
    Just keep your night force on 12x magnification and practice more.
    Put targets out at different ranges (say 80, 100 & 120 yards).
    Before shooting walk briskly round your vehicle several times before taking rifle out and taking a shot at each range.
    Main thing is getting used to your rifle and scope and having confidence in them.
    Nothing better than practice to do this, under simulated shooting conditions.
    Dont play about with variable magnification. 12x is more than enough for the ranges mentioned.
    +1

Similar Threads

  1. Foxing scope
    By Leesuckley in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 17:56
  2. Any bets in the Grand National tomorrow?
    By Pine Marten in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 11:11
  3. Best scope for foxing
    By foxhunter in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 21:19
  4. foxing scope
    By jimbo1984 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 09:39
  5. what's the bets on this variation then....
    By Paul at Fechan in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 09:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •