Thread: Practical field and positional rifle coaching in the SW - Sporting Rifle

Practical field and positional rifle coaching in the SW - Sporting Rifle

Folks,

It is a sad fact that obtaining any 'practical' rifle coaching is quite hard to come by in the UK - especially when you are looking for techniques that are biased towards the needs of the mobile deer stalker, as opposed to the long range or safari shooter.

Many of us will purchase a scope, bipod and rifle, drill tiny groups at the range or from a bench - then fail to achieve our best when faced with an opportunity for a shot where intervening cover makes the bipod useless.

Over the years, I have noted many techniques and developed twists on existing shooting methods that allow a noticeable improvement in your accuracy and additionally, the speed with which you can engage a target. Now I am prepared to make an offer that may well appeal to many shooters.

Refine your shooting technique or your money back!

Benefiting either Novice (can provide rifles/ammunition if you do not possess your own equipment) or Experienced shooters, we offer four hours of practical and theoretical marksmanship coaching. 80.

• We have the use of a private range, and tailor the program to your existing abilities and experience
    • work on zeroing technique on the bench
    • effective use of high and low seats
    • improvised rests and correct usage of many varieties of stalking sticks for all shooting positions
    • short range training using sub-calibre rifles before a consolidation shoot to confirm technique

Based just north of Axminster in Devon, we are situated in the middle of rich deer country & if you wish to then go out and put into practice your shooting techniques, well, we have plenty deer to cull!

We also have excellent accommodation on site, so arranging a visit is very straight-forward!

Please, Email or phone me to discuss - I do not always see replies to forum threads & may miss a query.

Rgds

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 18-04-2016 at 13:45.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Folks,

We are still providing excellent field rifle coaching for both novices and experienced shooters.

Interested in discussing or wanting further information - Please, email me at info@farringtonds.com

Regards,

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Enjoyable and well worth it folks!
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Ian really is a mine of useful information. The accomodation is very comfortable as well.

David.

Folks - still pleased to offer coaching (either 1-1 and small groups) to shooters of all experience levels here in Devon.

Call to discuss availability & any queries.

Have a great season!

Ian

Summertime - the ideal opportunity to get onto the range for a bit of coaching or practice. Being able to then put your skills to use on the local deer makes best use of your time away.

Come on down, we have B&B onsite, so arranging a visit is easy.

Regards,

Ian