Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: High Seat

  1. #1

    High Seat

    Has anyone used the HsF summit seat before? Any good? Looking for a light weight to get into a small area and this and the Bushwear one seem best?

    http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...lker-high-seat

    Cheers

    Ade

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordiehillbilly View Post
    Has anyone used the HsF summit seat before? Any good? Looking for a light weight to get into a small area and this and the Bushwear one seem best?

    http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...lker-high-seat

    Cheers

    Ade
    I have one then made several more for myself, from the start front bar as it was designed for R2D2....



    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

    An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....




  3. #3
    We have installed a few that are either Summit or have a very very similar design. The only issue we've had is getting the rest at a suitable height. Due to it being at a fixed angle/height, means it is very fussy as to the angle you set the overall seat at. One particular location, no matter what we tried the rest was always pointed at the ground 35yrds away.

  4. #4
    No experience of the HSF seats but i would recommend these: Keith's Highseats | Our Products - Highseats - Single

    Great service and great seats that break down for ease of transport. Bit more expensive but well worth it.

  5. #5
    I have one, it was cheap and delivered on time, I tend to use it in new areas I want to try, then replace it with a wooden home made one. As already mentioned, the rest is far too low and a bit wobbly, but can be altered with basic DIY, the mesh welded on the steps to prevent slipping has a few sharp edges and to be totally honest all the welding leaves a lot to be desired. I've reinforced every joint with 1" box section. If you leave them out they do tend to rust quite quickly. I'd buy another if it was on offer

  6. #6
    Great, cheers everyone.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBM View Post
    We have installed a few that are either Summit or have a very very similar design. The only issue we've had is getting the rest at a suitable height. Due to it being at a fixed angle/height, means it is very fussy as to the angle you set the overall seat at. One particular location, no matter what we tried the rest was always pointed at the ground 35yrds away.
    I got over the angle of the dangle problem by making the ladder where it joins the frame a pivot point.

    Then the rail angle is not affected by the fixed angle of the seat design.

    It works on both my single & double seats..


    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

    An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....




  8. #8
    It would be worth reading some of the other threads on the summit seats:

    I wouldn't waste my money on one again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    It would be worth reading some of the other threads on the summit seats:
    I wouldn't waste my money on one again.
    Noted! Think I'll pay a bit more....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    It would be worth reading some of the other threads on the summit seats:
    I wouldn't waste my money on one again.
    Not entirely a waste of money but I have had to make some adjustments to mine that cost me nothing other than my time. I too would be unlikely to buy another that is unless the price was right which it was when I purchased this one off ebay.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted replacement plastic seat for Bushwear Panther high seat
    By alasdair in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-02-2015, 09:12
  2. High Seat
    By Tim.243 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 14:10
  3. Wanted High Seat
    By JasonH in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-05-2013, 19:12
  4. My New High Seat
    By roedeerred in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 19:43
  5. high seat
    By russ91 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 23:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •