Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renewal lottery

Renewal lottery

Is it perhaps time that our shooting organisations took the trouble to document renewal times for police authorities and begin a campaign with the newly appointed Police and Crime Commissioners to deliver a fair and reasonable service for the recently increased fee. Lest we are asked (again ) to pay more for a service we should be getting now for the higher fees ?
    Note, I am not 'bashing' anyone, it is, however, getting near on 12 months for the worst authorities, I also need a one for one and dont want to wait for ever.

Kes, you really are trying to take first place as a B.A.S.C, basher here!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Perhaps we should be addressing our concerns to that full time lobbyist we have outside/inside Westminster, ........................
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Kes, you really are trying to take first place as a B.A.S.C, basher here!
    Absolutely no - I'd leave that to others. However, as was said to me, if the cap fits ?
    Having read so many comments on renewal times increasing and S7 permits, it seems to me, if I was a member of staff of an org, I would be suggesting going for the throat - I suppose its just me but I did think we would get a little more for our increased fees?
    I think your comment was rather 'tongue in cheek' since I mentioned no shooting org in particular. I would like anyone to take and interest in this problem.

Having barely made this comment the CA report their survey - elsewhere on the site - good for them, it needed doing.

mines up in six months i,m crapping it allready,plus wondering when to get it in,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    mines up in six months i,m crapping it allready,plus wondering when to get it in,
    Mine's due in late 2017, thinking since I don't belong to a shooting org, maybe I should talk to my FEO about renewal times tomorrow ! Since it is unlikely to be Cheshire (bless their cotton socks), I can't rely on a reasonable/good service anymore.

Devon and Cornwall publish their processing times on their website so they at least have put a marker down to be judged against. Good for them and I genuinely hope the meet or better them, which will be good for everyone, us and them. regards SBM from a previous fellow public servant caseworker.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Mine's due in late 2017, thinking since I don't belong to a shooting org, maybe I should talk to my FEO about renewal times tomorrow ! Since it is unlikely to be Cheshire (bless their cotton socks), I can't rely on a reasonable/good service anymore.
    Perhaps you had better put it in now and maybe they will get it done in time..

Just looked on the forces web sites.
    Cheshire don't say how long to process.
    GmP say 14 weeks.
    Lancashire say 8 weeks but will contact 12 weeks before renewal date.
    I think it's imperative that you fill out the forms correctly and provide all the requested information.