THOMSON RIFLES

MR FISH

now then all,

got chance of buying a thomson center-icon in .308, never really taken much notice of these rifles with such media about the usual tikka/sako etc etc.

Does anyone have one of these?
what do you reckon?

Mr Fish

MR FISH said:
now then all,

got chance of buying a thomson center-icon in .308, never really taken much notice of these rifles with such media about the usual tikka/sako etc etc.

Does anyone have one of these?
what do you reckon?

Mr Fish

I looked at them at the IWA as I had in mind that I might quite like one, I thought it was better than a T3 but not as good as a Sako 75, but that was just my view.

Best rgds

Thar

Just been for a look this afternoon, in my opinion it doesn't compare to the sako 85 hunter that i ended up buying (probably)

the thomson had a plastic mag which put me off, i cant understand why they did such a good job of building the rest of the rifle then finished it off with plastic, just seemed a bit slack to me!

anyway i dont think i'll go far wrong with the sako

MR FISH said:
the thomson had a plastic mag which put me off, i cant understand why they did such a good job of building the rest of the rifle then finished it off with plastic, just seemed a bit slack to me!

anyway i dont think i'll go far wrong with the sako

Yep my thoughts too I didn't like the plastic mag' on gun that costs a grand, if it was £500 OK but not at that money the Sako has a S/S one. :D

Best rgds

Thar

Pete E said:
Apart from the plastic mag, its other features seem pretty good. The action has a flat bottom and is milled from a billet of steel and includes having integral bases for weaver mounts machined into the top.

The action doesn't sit directly into the wooden stock, but rather onto an alloy chassis, which is epoxied into the woodwork. The action has three recoil lugs on the bottom and three action screws...The recoil lugs bare against the alloy chassis rather than the wood work.

If they release a stainless / synthetic version, I'd be very tempted as I think the Sako 85 is a bit over rated.

Regards,

Pete

Pete I was aware of all the above before I handle one, and it didn't win my heart, dispite on paper being so good. I compared it to the 75 not the 85. I believe there is a S/S version on the way though. ;)

Best rgds

Thar

Back