Thread: My Intro...

My Intro...

Hello all,
    Been using the site for info for a while now, so thought I would sign up... Here's my gun life so far
    Got into shooting in a sort of backwards way... In 2014 I found myself on an African hunt (subsisted in part, as way too kind of a present from the pops) before I even had a licence, took 2 Blesbok (1 was a Roland Ward!!!!) on the estates 243.
    Then last year took two Roe on the mainland (Aviemore and Pitlochry areas) on estate's 308 and 243... so finally pulled my finger out and got my FAC through (22lr .243 .308 - inspired by experience).

Was very quickly blessed with the offer of a fantastically priced stainless synthetic sako 75 for the 243
    Recently I spent more than I can probably afford (but love is love) on a second hand sako 85 finnlight for the 308
    And am now hunting for a 22lr (may be getting one through this site funnily enough)

I feel like my start has been miraculously lucky... long may it last!!!

Cheers

Joe

Welcome! Good calibre choices. A nice Sako finnfire .22 would complement your existing collection

Welcome, and sounds like you are blessed by the shooting God's. and agree with above a nice finnfire will make a nice trio of rifles.

Hello, and thank-you! I was looking at the finnfire, but I'm leaning towards a cz, don't think I can justify 700 on a bunny buster... Even if it is a sako :-) maybe if I bump in a 17hmr some day...

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Junswo View Post
    Hello all,
    Been using the site for info for a while now, so thought I would sign up... Here's my gun life so far
    Got into shooting in a sort of backwards way... In 2014 I found myself on an African hunt (subsisted in part, as way too kind of a present from the pops) before I even had a licence, took 2 Blesbok (1 was a Roland Ward!!!!) on the estates 243.
    Then last year took two Roe on the mainland (Aviemore and Pitlochry areas) on estate's 308 and 243... so finally pulled my finger out and got my FAC through (22lr .243 .308 - inspired by experience).

Was very quickly blessed with the offer of a fantastically priced stainless synthetic sako 75 for the 243
    Recently I spent more than I can probably afford (but love is love) on a second hand sako 85 finnlight for the 308
    And am now hunting for a 22lr (may be getting one through this site funnily enough)

I feel like my start has been miraculously lucky... long may it last!!!

Cheers

Joe
    Welcome Joe,

Denis