Thread: Another thought for you folks that want to hunt in the US.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

Another thought for you folks that want to hunt in the US.

Put an ad in the local paper. Ie: Two responsible hunters from England wishing to hunt deer in unit 42. Will pay a reasonable trespass fee. I will bet you would get some very positive replies. I was thinking about you all while we were sage rat hunting in Burns, Oregon last weekend. That's Burns as in Robert Burns, it seems that the area was settled by Scots about 100 years ago. The city motto is "Highlander Country" and the high school mascot is a Highlander. Anyway, determine what you want to hunt, where you want to hunt, and use the internet to find a local paper for that area. Put an ad in it. You just might find yourself a fantastic private ranch to hunt on. A reasonable trespass fee to me would be $200 per person. You will not likely find a property that advertises hunting for a trespass fee of $200, they will be much more. However, if you trigger a ranchers interest by telling him you are willing to come all the way from England to do a do it yourself hunt (DIY), you might win an instant friend and get invited to a ranch that does not usually offer hunting. You would have to do everything for yourself though. The meat could be donated, like DDS pointed out. The best mule deer that I have to date (4x5) was bagged based on information I got from a female construction flagger that I was talking to while my car was stopped at a road block.
    Good Luck!

Thanks for your thoughts! My brother found the US a really friendly place when he worked there. I'd love to do a trip to the US (which states to visit is the big question!)

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Just visiting or hunting? If hunting, decide on what you want to hunt, that will narrow it down.

Thanks, I've sent you a pm.

2398 sadler road, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
    Thanks for sharing great thoughts on hunting in US. I want to share some videos of hunting. Please click this link and check the videos. I hope all these videos will be beneficial for all hunters who want to hunt efficiently in the USA.

Yes but you have cats the size of fricking elephants over there. I'm staying here.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .