Thread: AI AW/AT barrel with IMS fully suppresses moderator

AI AW/AT barrel with IMS fully suppresses moderator

Thinking about selling my Accuracy International AT barrel. It's a 20" barrel threaded 18x1.5

shot count is 523 to date & it's been kept very clean with carbon removed regularly.

Also so with the barrel is a IMS fully suppressed moderator made by MAE.

All ll in very good condition.

750 plus postage

pics on request.

No time wasters please

Do you want to sell the AT action/stock without this barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by straightpull6547 View Post
    Do you want to sell the AT action/stock without this barrel?

Sorry it's either 3000 for the rifle or buy the barrel & im buying a .260 rem barrel in return..

Quote Originally Posted by Slickshot View Post
    Sorry it's either 3000 for the rifle or buy the barrel & im buying a .260 rem barrel in return..
    Ok. Thats a poor choice of calibre, 47l or creedmoor are much more accurate, do the AI justice and put a decent calibre on it. The CM is probably better for you if youre shooting reds, handles the 140's better.

Ok. Thats a poor choice of calibre, 47l or creedmoor are much more accurate, do the AI justice and put a decent calibre on it. The CM is probably better for you if youre shooting reds, handles the 140's better.
    Hardly.. The 260 has a bigger case volume so will handle the 140's better anyways. Regards to accuracy I'm sure I can produce a .3" group @ 100 yards as I'm doing currently with my 308 barrel. The deer won't be able to tell the difference between if it got shot with the .260 or 6.5x47L..

Plus I'm shooting the 130 gr bullets head tbh

.260 is a good calibre, it's accurate and on a par with the 6.5x47 Lapua ballistics wise (not necessarily accuracy wise) but the Creedmoor would be my choice if brass was easier to source. Oh and just because the 260 case has bigger capacity doesn't mean it will handle a certain bullet weight better, certain modern chamberings such as the 6mm BR, 6.5x47L, 6.5 Creedmoor etc are more efficient and burn the powder column better. A big hammer doesn't always crack the nut better.

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    .260 is a good calibre, it's accurate and on a par with the 6.5x47 Lapua ballistics wise (not necessarily accuracy wise) but the Creedmoor would be my choice if brass was easier to source. Oh and just because the 260 case has bigger capacity doesn't mean it will handle a certain bullet weight better, certain modern chamberings such as the 6mm BR, 6.5x47L, 6.5 Creedmoor etc are more efficient and burn the powder column better. A big hammer doesn't always crack the nut better.

How accurate you wanna be! I'm sure with my Applications the .260 will proform just fine! Not a fan of loading to a high Pressure like you would in the 47 to get equal to same performance as the .260.. Plus barrel like on the .260 is better and now lapua has brass in .260! That's cheaper too lol..

well if cost is a factor why don't you form your own .260 brass from once fired .308 in another rifle, what could go wrong?

perhaps you should change your name from slickshot to gutshot! (lol)

I'm sure the .260 will just be fine for your needs

well if cost is a factor why don't you form your own .260 brass from once fired .308 in another rifle, what could go wrong?

perhaps you should change your name from slickshot to gutshot! (lol)

I'm sure the .260 will just be fine for your needs
    Why would I go through the ball ache of doing that when I can buy it new of the shelf? Your missing the point all together here.

anyways your not interested & you don't have the funds for my rifle so please leave your inappropriate comments to your self. Thanks