Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad bike insurance?

Quad bike insurance?

Can anyone give any suggestions please....
    having bought a quad bike which is not road registered, I enquirered with our insurer NFU about getting it listed on our contents insurance as an asset given that conventional 'vehicle' insurance wouldnt fit the bill as it was never intended for road use. NFU have checked with their underwriters and said they can't cover it at all, not even on a motorbike policy as it doesnt fit with their criteria....

all im interested in is insuring it as an asset so that if/when it gets stolen I can recoupe its value. Im quite sure if it was a ride on mower it would be covered by our house insurance policy.....

any suggestions?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Im quite sure if it was a ride on mower it would be covered by our house insurance policy.....

any suggestions?
    Convert it?

Attachment 69249

Apologies, couldn't resist it.

Genius!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

pretty sure it will meet their criteria if you call it a 4wd tractor - very disappointed to hear that from NFU though, quads have become a day to day agricultural/horticultural tool/machine.

Mine was insured with NFU on a tractor insurance policy but the premiun has rocketed so now changed provider but mine is road registered.

I insure mine with adrian Flux

ours are insured with nfu as part of the whole estate vehicles policy premiums ok but unless quad is locked away or locked down via tow bar clamp they tend to not be keen on paying out , I suppose they are just too nickable

I found it impossible to insure an argo for recreational stalking use, unless i lied and then they would void the insurance, i was actually encouraged to do this by one insurance company. I was told to say it was locked on a garage on its trailer or that it was a kit car under construction , total nonsense!
    I would be keen to know of a company who will insure it, but as it is i simply block it in with a car and lock the trailer.

Have you tried listing it as a named item of value on your household policy ? I would advise you nevertheless disclose what it is and make sure you meet any locked away/garaged conditions, as almost all insurers, gievn the slightest chance will duck it. My tractor was a named item on our household policy as was the ride-on lawnmower.
    Stunned NFU cant or wont insure it - I thought they would insure anything which moved under its own power and some that didnt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Can anyone give any suggestions please....
    having bought a quad bike which is not road registered, I enquirered with our insurer NFU about getting it listed on our contents insurance as an asset given that conventional 'vehicle' insurance wouldnt fit the bill as it was never intended for road use. NFU have checked with their underwriters and said they can't cover it at all, not even on a motorbike policy as it doesnt fit with their criteria....

all im interested in is insuring it as an asset so that if/when it gets stolen I can recoupe its value. Im quite sure if it was a ride on mower it would be covered by our house insurance policy.....

any suggestions?
    mines covered with NFU and for its intended purpose, being used off road and for extracting dead deer. 270 fully comp I think

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.