HACCP ............what's that then?

Bloody hell!
I do feel for them if it's true that they've been physically unable to keep standards up, but there's no excuse for that level of bad practice.
Couldn't help a small chuckle at the "chicken faeces in the yard" bit though, as if having bird crap outside made the whole thing even worse. There's dog turds in my garden, but I don't keep my food out there...

You may notice the deer is tagged, so legal, why would the game be poached, have you inspected the dealer you use ?

There's no excuse for that, they had been selling this gear to a third party ie the public.

if it's for home use, they can do whatever they like

But sell it to someone else and you have a lawful and moral duty to ensure its fit for consumption no excuses, thank goodness they didn't kill anyone.

lucky we've got the EHO really, it's no wonder new restrictions come in thick and fast with stories like this hitting the tabloids.

You may notice the deer is tagged, so legal, why would the game be poached, have you inspected the dealer you use ?

That's what is even more concerning really! Some poor chap has probably inspected that carcass, chilled it and done everything by the book, for it then to end up a hazard to health in which he could be implicated!
I remember having 5 pristine roe carcasses all chilled and tagged. A van from one of the big game dealers turned up and they were just thrown on top of a pile of fallow that were untagged and looked still warm! Makes you wonder why you bother some times?
MS

+1 once opened a chiller van to put a deer in, maggots on the floor from pigeons, this was one of the big company's who we had to chase for the payment, went local from then on.

Pretty shocking really and poor health being no excuses,if you cant do it yourselves,pay someone who can or just don't trade ,I always use the rule of thumb that if you wouldn't feed it to your own children then don't feed it to someone else children .i cant believe that someone wasn't seriously ill .you here me say this very often but well done the EHO

Back