Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vortex scopes Uk distributer

vortex scopes Uk distributer

Hi guys, does anyone know who the uk distributor for vortex scopes is currently please?

I thought it was Riflecraft, but after a phone call to them today, I was told they no longer are. Frustratingly their website lists just about every type of vortex scope going, but in reality it appears that they don't actually hold stock of anything and neither can they order them in despite listing the prices for them?? (makes no sense!!)

I am trying to track down a Vortex diamondback 4-12 X 40 AO but can't find a stockist.

many thanks.
    Last edited by paultap; 20-04-2016 at 19:02.

One of these Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 Riflescope

As far as I'm aware Vortex broke ties with Riflecraft and import/distribute themselves to a variety of places.

I think Amazon UK has a couple or you could try Solware.

In the Uk Vortex officially distribute via two channels -

Sport Optics ie Binoculars, spotting Scopes etc - Newpro, Oxon.
    Hunting optics - as above, but also telescopic sights - Vortex Optics ( any google search just throws up Vortex main page - aaargh! ) but they are trade only and its essentially Bentley Parsons & Martin Baumber, both ex or Riflecraft

Those are the official lines. Additionally, no doubt in part to the hugely frustrating supply issues on the scope side, there are any number of retailers sourcing from the states, Europe and 'Vortex Uk' on a piggy back basis.

Many people are advertising the scopes and some quantities are getting through - but I am not aware of anyone in the Uk securing supply of the full range on anything like a regular basis. As I understand it, demand is such versus supply that only the larger orders receive any kind of priority and even then they dont get full orders of everything. Its to make those big orders up that I suspect ( not know, just suspect ) some of the big players are secondary wholesaling to keep their volume up and position in the queue.

From various sources, I hear that supply struggles to keep up with demand just in the USA and the rest of the world are supplied on a secondary basis. No proof, but seems to fit the circumstances. As obtaining bino's isnt anything like the issue as with scopes, I'm assuming its just the scope supply/ demand that is the problem area. Although I know the last delivery of the new style Diamondback bino's was entirely back ordered by UK trade outlets the second it arrived in the uk and went straight out.

It's driving us round the twist! I ve written before that in some ways I wish the gear wasnt so good - then we could do the common sense thing and walk away! But they are that good.

We've been trying to pull through long outstanding back orders since 2015, with almost daily e mails of late and still no idea whether anything will come through.

There are models to be had. But it takes long searches online and then, sadly, any number of sites seem to list extensive ranges. A very few are honest enough to say 'unavailanle' up front. Some let you try to order and then say 'out of stock' and a number ( regrettably to put it mildly ) will allow orders but subsequently send you notice its a back order. I do not have info as to how swiftly those back orders get filled - but I personally do not think that's a good way to work. Probably more than most people want to delve - but a good read of terms & conditions often gives a clue - if you find phrases such as ' your order is a request to purchase and a contract is only made once we confirm to you availability' should ring alarm bells regards what is actually on their shelves.

It is worth trawling some of the big retailers as stock does come up and some do list stock levels. But selection tends to be limited and variable.

Ultimately, as with many shooting related items, the entire UK market represents a small percentage of what 'Dwights Guns & Tackle', Soggy Racoon Bend, Arkansas alone order in a year and manufacturers react accordingly. I understand that - not happy at all, but understand. If one tenth the effort/ expenditure was applied to getting stock on shelves as opposed to flashy endorsements, sponsorship and adverts both dealers and buying public would be much happier.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I've Managed to get one from scope central now guys, many thanks for all your posts and help with trying to track one down. The post from moray outfitting was very accurate, I have made quite a few calls to retailers advertising them for sale online but the haven't actually got the stock. The general consensus seems to be that Vortex don't seem to be in a rush to send any quantity of scopes over to the UK in a hurry.

By the way...Dealing with scope central uk, (Cheddar based) I was very impressed, the scope arrived less than 48 hrs later and was extremely well packed and protected. I would be very happy to buy from them again.
    Last edited by paultap; 28-04-2016 at 00:20.

I am trying to contact scope central uk but having no luck.... i am looking to buy a vortex viper hs-t 6x24-50 not many in stock but they are showing in stock

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    I've Managed to get one from scope central now guys, many thanks for all your posts and help with trying to track one down. The post from moray outfitting was very accurate, I have made quite a few calls to retailers advertising them for sale online but the haven't actually got the stock. The general consensus seems to be that Vortex don't seem to be in a rush to send any quantity of scopes over to the UK in a hurry.

By the way...Dealing with scope central uk, (Cheddar based) I was very impressed, the scope arrived less than 48 hrs later and was extremely well packed and protected. I would be very happy to buy from them again.
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Vortex scopes. try WWW. BLACKRIFLE.CO.UK 01604 806 303. A Heads up boys, this is who I bought my scope from. Very fast delivery good to deal with, I saw them at a Bisley meeting this year and picked up a catalog. Seems Vortex outlets are very few and far between.
    all the best, BC

+ 1 on the blackrifle bought a vortex off them not long ago great to deal with

I bought a couple of Vortex scopes from Opticswarehouse a few weeks ago, again a good outfit to deal with.

hh