Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fishing on Clywedog Reservoir

2016 Fishing on Clywedog Reservoir

For those that are interested in fly fishing I will include weekly updates for my local reservoir Llyn Clywedog a scenic 615 acre upland fishery in Mid Wales. To say our season has started wit a bang is an understatement. Another specimen caught this week 9lbs 11oz rainbow. ATB Gaz

Cracking place to fish,Gaz,was this caught on lure tactics/sunk line?

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Cracking place to fish,Gaz,was this caught on lure tactics/sunk line?
    Hi Tony. Yes everyone likes to blow their own trumpet but Clywedog is probably one of the best fisheries in the country at the moment.. The rainbow was boat caught on an intermediate line and the good old damsel was the successful pattern.
    This great brownie 9lbs 02oz was also caught on a damsel the other week. Regards Gaz

Very nice brown, looks like a stunning location too.
    Cheers
    Richard

Stunning fish, looks like a perfect spot.

Another busy week at Clywedog. Lots of fish being caught all over the lake. With a cold wind the fish have mostly been caught two to three feet down but as soon as the wind drops and there is a little sun the fish are feeding on hatching buzzers. Best fish of the week was a boat caught 7lbs 08zs rainbow with the successful pattern being a cormorant.

We now also have our yearly visitors in residence. Two Ospreys can now also be seen while fishing at the Bigga end of the lake and is a wonderful sight to see. (if only they would buy a permit ) Gaz

good stuff ,looking to get back into trouting after a long lay off just bought some new tackle and your picys certainly help fuel new found inspiration gaz ,had a few casts and its like riding a bike so looking forward to wetting a line thanks for posting .
    Doug

Cracking pictures and seriously well done. Would love to catch a large brown like that. Full tails as well. Great to see. Not lake fished for trout for quite a while. The love of the double handed salmon rod got hold of me. Love river fishing for Salmon and Seatrout but by the look of those fish I could kill for a day on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    good stuff ,looking to get back into trouting after a long lay off just bought some new tackle and your picys certainly help fuel new found inspiration gaz ,had a few casts and its like riding a bike so looking forward to wetting a line thanks for posting .
    Doug
    Whenever you fancy a trip north west Doug give me a shout as I'm sure there will be one with your name on somewhere. Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknsilver View Post
    Cracking pictures and seriously well done. Would love to catch a large brown like that. Full tails as well. Great to see. Not lake fished for trout for quite a while. The love of the double handed salmon rod got hold of me. Love river fishing for Salmon and Seatrout but by the look of those fish I could kill for a day on the boat.
    16 boats available for hire Blacknsilver all with petrol engines. Not too far for you by looks of things. ATB Gaz