Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanding ammunition

Established Poster

Expanding ammunition

Hi all is it correct that there is a proposal to change expanding ammunition fron s5 to s1 in parliament?
    would this mean we could then purchase expanding bullets by the post for reloading?

There's a link on pigeon watch to the government website listing all the proposed ammendments.

I like this bit -

“(8)
    Where an individual has applied for the renewal of a certificate before its
    expiry but the chief constable has not, as at the date of its expiry,
    determined whether or not to grant the renewal, the certificate is to
    continue to have effect until the application is determined.””

- although, this may give the police a 'get out' if your renewal takes an excessive amount of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Old melv View Post
    Hi all is it correct that there is a proposal to change expanding ammunition fron s5 to s1 in parliament?
    would this mean we could then purchase expanding bullets by the post for reloading?

You can purchase expanding bullets by post already.

Just order from a supplier in the EU and they get sent to your door - provided your FAC allows you to possess them and you don't exceed whatever quantity you are allowed.

Also has the potential to save you some money or obtain products that may not be available in the UK.

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You can purchase expanding bullets by post already.

Just order from a supplier in the EU and they get sent to your door - provided your FAC allows you to possess them and you don't exceed whatever quantity you are allowed.

Also has the potential to save you some money or obtain products that may not be available in the UK.
    Thanks orion I wasn't aware that you could purchase expanding bullets from the EU

Alpin hunting have worked well for me in the past - although it's worth sending an email before ordering to confirm the items are actually in stock!

http://www.alpinhunting.com/index.ph...9273afa9b4bf81

Obviously no additional import duty or vat to pay as they are in the EU, and the package turns up on my doorstep about 10 days later - and I mean on my doorstep as that's where the postman leaves the package containing these super dangerous, controlled and prohibited items that the rest of the world classifies as inert lumps of metal.

Thanks Orion great link.

I've used alpinhunting too, one good transaction and one didn't arrive. Recently used arms24.com and worked flawlessly and their communication was superb.

I've heard that Alpinhunting have been a bit inconsistant from others, but I've had no issues with them - an email to confirm stock before ordering might be in order though.

Strobl are another outlet that looks reasonable. I did make an enquiry with them but they were out of stock of exactly what I wanted at the time and were totally honest about the expected scope of delivery. I'll try them again when the time comes.

http://en.strobl.cz/