Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New dm80 compact mod

New dm80 compact mod

Been out trying my new dm80 compact mod its smaller than t8 quieter lighter and getting real good groups with it. I am very happy with it
    Last edited by biglad; 06-06-2010 at 15:32.

What weight is the DM 80?

BL, I read the linky earlier about the DM8 mk3, interesting I thought! As it is a reflex does it have a bush on the barrel? Or is it like the Northstar and do without a bush?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Hi lads it weighs in at just over 400grams and it dose have a removable bush im impressed with it.....Neil

Attachment 1353A-TEC CMM4. 30 calibre, 224 grammes. Not a lot bigger than my Apple mouse. Loverly...
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    Attachment 1353A-TEC CMM4. 30 calibre, 224 grammes. Not a lot bigger than my Apple mouse. Loverly...
    Is the A-Tec a reflex moderator then ?? How much does it add to the overall length ??

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Philip - To my knowledge the A-TEC is a Muzzle can, ie. they hang of the end.

So they add about 6" (?)

May be wrong, often am.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by biglad View Post
    Been out trying my new dm80 compact mod its smaller than t8 quieter lighter and getting real good groups with it. I am very happy with it
    its looks quite nice what caliber have you got it on,whast the dia.length and length over muzzle
    sorry for the questions but iam just about to buy a third eye tactical mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Philip - To my knowledge the A-TEC is a Muzzle can, ie. they hang of the end.

So they add about 6" (?)

May be wrong, often am.

Sam

Sam, you are correct. 6.25"

I had a T8 on my 30-06. The A-TEC is the replacement. I would not go back. The relative lack of weight is a revelation. Comfortable to walk with and the rifle does not want to twist around to point at the ground all the time.
    KevinF -

I was also looking at the a-tec, the only thing that goes against it is that it could blow out baffles depending on the amount of shots going through it. The DM is looking like an excellent compromise to weight from the T8 as well as being stainless steel and strippable.

I still have about 6 weeks to make up my mind!