Prize Draw Winners Outing On Boar and Goat

Just a short write up for John (JSW) who won one of the outing for boar with me in the Supporters club draw
We had arranged for John,s outing to be on the night he arrived but things changed slightly when we went out , as we carefully approached the area the most recent activity had been seen we got our eye on a roe buck so after watching him for a short while John decided to take him so a very short outing that night but we had arranged to check the same area after the outing on goats the next day
We found a group of goats fairly quickly and after about an hour and a half we got on them and picked out a suitable animal , well shot by John , few photos taken then head off back to my ground for our second look for boar. After 20 minutes looking over the fields we could see a boar out in one of the fields but it was 200m away so a short stalk behind a drystane wall we got into roughly 70m , John got onto his sticks using my 7mm08 and again perfect shot in the head , dropped on the spot
Good to meet you John , i hope you had a good time:D
Pics added later

Attachments

• john1.jpg
    john1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 194
  • john2.jpg
    john2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Great offer for the draw by yourself in the first place Col :tiphat:. Congrats on the results for the two days to you both. Gaz

Hi Colin, well what can I say, what a fantastic two days I have had. Great company and in superb surroundings. I never really expected such a great experience (and believe me I was smiling inside!!!) A long drive there for me but well worth it. I will return. Thanks again. All the best John

Congratulations on winning a great prize and also on getting some brilliant results. well done to you and to SD and the Solwaystalker for setting it all up. regards SBM

Hi Colin, well what can I say, what a fantastic two days I have had. Great company and in superb surroundings. I never really expected such a great experience (and believe me I was smiling inside!!!) A long drive there for me but well worth it. I will return. Thanks again. All the best John

Back up on goats today john , we found a couple of billies this time

Out of interest, what do you do with the goats? Just wondering, as not many people eat goat over here that I know of.
Well done on the stalking as well. Boar are on my list at some point. Goats I know nothing about.

Out of interest, what do you do with the goats? Just wondering, as not many people eat goat over here that I know of.
Well done on the stalking as well. Boar are on my list at some point. Goats I know nothing about.
We try to make sure the goat carcass is used one way or another , if the client doesnt want it i take the haunches off for a friend but saying that there is no real waste out on the hills , anything thats left out there is usually picked clean in a couple of days
I know when the FC cull a few the meat is supplied to any Zoo who will come and collect it

Think I've had five goats with Colin pretty much at the top of the mountain. They come down easy due to the gradient. Also it tastes a whole lot better knowing stalked climbed etc. Tastes wise it's OK certainty in a slow cooked spice dish quite tender and never once smelt a goat like what farm ones do.
I remember my first two goats it was snowing and freezing my hands were freezing. I looked forward to grolliching the goat to get warmth to my hands.

Think I've had five goats with Colin pretty much at the top of the mountain. They come down easy due to the gradient. Also it tastes a whole lot better knowing stalked climbed etc. Tastes wise it's OK certainty in a slow cooked spice dish quite tender and never once smelt a goat like what farm ones do.
I remember my first two goats it was snowing and freezing my hands were freezing. I looked forward to grolliching the goat to get warmth to my hands.

I haven't yet shot a goat but I have eaten plenty. Cowley Road in Oxford and in Brooklyn, NY provided good opportunity to eat it from restaurants. Mainly in curry and casseroles where it seems to excel. The local butcher sells goat and I have cooked it on the bbq as well as in slow cooked dishes. Just my opinion but I think it is very underrated.

Get yourself up there it's a great experience and Colin will make you more than welcome.

I have eaten goat myself when abroad so happy to try it anytime, usually slow cooked with spices. Very nice. I will get up there some point no doubt so will have to put it on my todo list. :D

Back