Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badgers

Badgers

Just started my hill lambing had problems last year any ideas the best way to stop them from touching the lambs don't know where there are hold up got to be careful with them

Apparently they don't like snakes.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Id guess the only legal means is to feed them so their not hungry not ideal but I think your stuck if you want your sheep on the hill

I'm Having problems with foxes coming into lambing fields. The Foxes are coming in from the hill and the forestry blocks. Once they start on lambs it can be a nightmare!! But at least it's a bit easier with dedicated lambing fields, prior to sheep going further out. Basically been sitting out and feeding the foxes a lead diet instead. The hill lambing is a bit harder to keep on top of due to the obvious.

One of the areas is having the same problem as yourself and it is badgers that are doing the damage, again though it is lambing fields and not out on the hill. The only thing I'm doing to put them off the fields is putting the lamp on them seems to work they don't like the white light. As for keeping them from coming into the area at all not too sure. I'm sure someone on here will have the answer.

M
    Last edited by Mauser243; 21-04-2016 at 20:40.

It must be bloody infuriating standing back and watching the hearth rugs taking over,crazy i know,but thems the rules,
    DONT START

I was once asked to stop badgers entering a large garden. I ended up putting a single strand electric fence round the whole garden, can't remember the exact height of the wire but it was only a few inches off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by hillhrerd View Post
    Just started my hill lambing had problems last year any ideas the best way to stop them from touching the lambs don't know where there are hold up got to be careful with them
    Hi, How do you know the difference from a attack from A Fox or Badger on Lambs.

Pins and The smell!!!!
    Spaniel

Sent from my iPhone

Is it true that a Badger only takes the head of a Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Long drag View Post
    Is it true that a Badger only takes the head of a Lamb
    No, had them taking the heads off and eating the cacass. Can't remember them ever removing the lambs like foxes do.