Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My local US training area sh*t happens

My local US training area sh*t happens

Have a laugh this time on our cousins.
    3x humvees sent down and the parachutes did not open. They all landed in an open area.
    No one was hurt in the making of this video!!!!!

Panne bei US-Armee in Hohenfels: Drei Geländewagen ungebremst vom Himmel gefallen | Oberpfalz | Nachrichten | BR.de

Looks like the chutes popped open but they clipped the karabiners onto some plastic trim?!

If only they were landys they could have excavated them from there craters and driven off
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    Looks like the chutes popped open but they clipped the karabiners onto some plastic trim?!

If only they were landys they could have excavated them from there craters and driven off
    half the time landys need work to drive out of a car park
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

didn't top gear try to destroy a Toyota by putting it on top of a building then blowing the building up ? my money would be on a Toyota driving away from that drop !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Funnier - there's a rigger going to get absolutely reamed for that haha. To all the Land Rover lovers I can assure you that heavy drop and Solihull's finest do not not mix and often prove to provide mechanics some 'remedial' work and can prove fatal even when the rigging does deploy correctly.

I'm glad to see that our American cousins share our approach to such situations by laughing like **** at kit spanking in - that has brought back some fond memories, thanks for posting!!

If they were Landies, they'd have had to push them onto the plane in the first place, and would've chucked them out without parachutes on purpose!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    If they were Landies, they'd have had to push them onto the plane in the first place, and would've chucked them out without parachutes on purpose!
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    didn't top gear try to destroy a Toyota by putting it on top of a building then blowing the building up ? my money would be on a Toyota driving away from that drop !
    They tried to ... After driving it into a tree and leaving it on the beach when the tide came in. It was indestructible and is in the studio on a plinth. Nothing wrong with a Jap truck. Just watch the news and see what the "baddies" have anchored their .50cal to!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Yeah Technicals in Somalia n points African tend to have Toyota on their back end where as Landrover tend to have people pushing at the back
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed