Thread: Nscc dsc

Nscc dsc

As a holder of the NSCC and a stalker of XX (too many) years experience I was wondering how many (if any) people still recognise the NSCC, or is everything DCS now?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymbal View Post
    As a holder of the NSCC and a stalker of XX (too many) years experience I was wondering how many (if any) people still recognise the NSCC, or is everything DCS now?
    People who have stalked for similar lengths of time (20+ years) will recognise the NSCC, but that's about it. There was a period where it could be converted to DSC1, but that's long gone.

Nowadays the only qualifications which will in general be formally recognised by the police, FC, landowners, etc. will be those issued by DMQ, so DSC1 and DSC2.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Spot on Willie. I passed mine in 1987 and went abroad for a while in the mid 90,s. When I returned I could not convert it and had to complete the full DSC1 course, (Which wasn't difficult. )
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer4u0 View Post
    Spot on Willie. I passed mine in 1987 and went abroad for a while in the mid 90,s. When I returned I could not convert it and had to complete the full DSC1 course, (Which wasn't difficult. )
    Norm
    I had the same hoop to jump through when I missed the conversion window. You can opt for the assessment only which should not be that hard. Only real addition is meat hygiene regs. Best practice developments well publicised.

Best of luck, worth the pain and minor expense.
    Ben

Thanks guys, that was what I had come to understand after a little bit of research........ When the time comes I may have to take the DSC; as you all say I will just plump for the assessment.