Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major DROOL

Major DROOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3717_zps09eb27aa.jpeg 
Views:	233 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	69379Walther GSP Regards SBM

Thats very nice all shiney I was going to ask calibre but not sure it matters

Took a while for the picture to load and for a minute I though that Walther were breeding German Shorthair Pointers!
    Nice rifle mate
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

oh yes, one day she will be mine regards SBM
    Last edited by seibassman7; 23-04-2016 at 21:31.

Looks nice

What cal is it ?

it is .22lr and is a Walther GSP pistol turned into a rifle, by all accounts one of the very best, if not the best semi auto .22 around. Not available new. regards SBM

Quote Originally Posted by seibassman7 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3717_zps09eb27aa.jpeg 
Views:	233 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	69379Walther GSP Regards SBM
    I am trying to see what there is to drool over ................................ nope just not seeing it.

So it is section 7 then surely so banned here in the UK as once a pistol always a pistol.

Ah that is the thing, what appeals to one, does not appeal to another, be it cars women wine whatever. The barrel length is I hink either 16.75 inches or 18.25 depending on the barrel type (Fluted or match) on the rifle and is in a rifle stock so as I understand it is not a s7 firearm. If it had the pistol barrel then that would be a different matter.Others may no doubt clarify the situation. Life would be boring if we all liked the same thing. regards SBM

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    I am trying to see what there is to drool over ................................ nope just not seeing it.

So it is section 7 then surely so banned here in the UK as once a pistol always a pistol.
    I think you meant section 5 Conure not section 7, but in any case the answer is no as it was built as a rifle from new based on the GSP action so never was a pistol. Pretty much the same as the Buckmark carbine is based on the Buckmark pistol action.
    Having owned a GSP pistol in the past I wouldn't be in a rush myself to go out and buy the rifle version.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I owned one of these a few years ago. It's a really beautifully engineered and accurate piece of kit. I think I've owned at one time or another pretty well all the semi auto 22s available and the Walther was without a doubt the most striking. I found it a bit on the heavy side for general stalking use and moved it on. It was the second most accurate semi I've had after the current model, a CZ512 that possibly by chance is almost as accurate a bolt actioned rifle.
    However the Walther was something that gave a lot of pleasure just to have one! At times I wish I'd hung on to it.