Arguments for Brexit - help needed

Sidewinder

Hi all:

I am trying to compile a list of rules and regulations out of brussels that are not only ridiculous but also hurt small business and farming by escalating costs and not allowing farmers and businessmen to take risk and realising the full potential of their land and investments.

Can you help? This is not a Brexit food fight, but looking for some hard core stuff beyond the shape of bananas that hurts the little guys.

Thanks

z

Jersey is a small country that is NOT in the EU, and they seem to prosper well on their own with exports etc. and they don't have a hand gun ban !!!!

Can't blame the EU flr the handgun ban! In fact if we hadn't been in the EU there wouldn't even have been compensation! There are plenty of better examples out there.

1. The EU is basically undemocratic.
2. The EU is basically corrupt! (The accounts have never been sertified because they break all accounting rules)
3. If the Euro goes belly up the countries in the EU but outside the eurozone will have to pay to pick up the pieces. Better not to be there when catastrophe occurs!

David.

2 Parliaments ,6 months in each =2 lotsa computers ,copiers/faxes/rents electricity bills and transporting all the carp between the 2=a hell of a load of dosh goes down the tubes that could be spent on trivia like jobs/housing/fire/police/hospitals :doh:.No receipts required for travel expense claims by MEP,s so fill in a form and watch the money go in your bank account WHY .Claim for your flat/house or wherever you live whilst working and then youl need a TV/stereo/furniture/food and bills CLAIM that back too,WHY you took the blooming job we cant claim any of this for our jobs can we.Then youl need translators and they need paying ,assistants to make your coffee and file your claim forms away .Biggest gravy train in the world ,not a" FREE" trade organisation at all:stir:

The stupid rile that all mobile phone chargers must.be the same connector and that rosming charges must be abolished. This is very hurtful of the profits of O2, Virgin, Orange.

And means friends and family can annoy you by using your charger to charge their phones if they forget theirs...whereas before you could smile and say "No" as your had Nokia charger and they had a Samsung phone.

This hurting small phone shops as they then hsd to go and buy one to use whilst they were staying or visiting. So these shops lose out on those sales.

LOL! Apart from the Euro, probably the most decisive decision ever made, standardise the mobile phone chargers to mini USB. Too bad they can't do it for laptops.

Is it relevant that courses and certificates are now required By EU law for weedspraying, poisoning mice rats etc and you can no longer buy either poisons or weedkillers without a cert. All 'grandfather rights' extinguished. There will be others ?

And, re the Curry House thread, banning the import of Bombay ducks and, latterly, Alphonso mangoes.

However the EU has also protected Caribbean bananas imports from the tasteless "dollar bananas" of Dole imported from South America.

In France I can still enjoy a real banana from Martinique, Guadaloupe and not Colombian "muck".

Real bananas grow in West Africa or the Carribean...not in Banana Republics in Central and South America!

Last edited:
And having to pay import duty on all that Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski. Schmidt and Bender stuff. That really is another thing I blame Brussels for. No more import duty free high end glass like before...

And all those expanding bullets folks get mail order from the EU. Let's Brexit...cos in Scotland I guess reloaders just love that two hundred mile round trip to the gunshop for £25 worth of bullets.

I remember having to worry about import duty on the Exacta camera I bought in West Berlin in 1974! Hmm! Nowadays it's worthless in reality as who uses 35mm film nowadays?

Really don't get why people think we would be regulation and import duty free if we exit. We would simply have a different layer of trade agreements and import/export restrictions.

And although many rules and regulations are derived from the EU it is the UK that implements them - more often than not gold plating the EU directives in the process. Do you think the UK is suddenly going to become risk averse to the likes of food hygiene and Health and Safety? I certainly don't.

A ukip councillor once said the thing that was destroying British business was stupid eu rules forcing him to pay workers while they sat at home doing nothing.
So Let's stop paying people for being on holiday or off sick.

I had the pleasure of five years as an "agency" worker in late 1990s. No sick pay, no holiday pay, no employment rights.....you were just told "the client doesn't want you any more".

Thanks to the EU that's now stopped. Five. Years for same agency Blue Arrow on a British Telecom deployment...no holiday entitlement, no sick pay entitlement, no redundancy entitlement.

Let's hope next EU will go after these disgraceful "zero hours" contracts our youth is having some employers inflicting on them.

Really don't get why people think we would be regulation and import duty free if we exit. We would simply have a different layer of trade agreements and import/export restrictions.

And although many rules and regulations are derived from the EU it is the UK that implements them - more often than not gold plating the EU directives in the process. Do you think the UK is suddenly going to become risk averse to the likes of food hygiene and Health and Safety? I certainly don't.

I agree!! Like buying cheese in France, it can be at room temperature (served properly) yet here the food police won't let you do something so rash, it has to be in a fridge. I think you are absolutely right in saying it is in how the rules are applied by us here, while the French, Italians and many more countries ignore what they consider to be stupid rules, yet we seem to be driven to conform to these rules and if anything apply them even more stringently. WTF is the matter with us?

Simon.

Problem is you have to put justifiable anger at the EU admitting Eastern European countries to one side. It's difficult. It annoys me all these Roumanians, Bulgarians, etc..

That Cadbury jobs have gone to Poland but despite that I can see the good in it.

Perhaps it is simply that this vote is possible the last one worth participating in

Vote IN and there is little point in voting again in national elections as power will reside with the un-elected EU politburo

Parliament with be a rubber stamping office

Read this today, seemed to make sense

This lady sums things up very well...

I, probably like most of my generation, knew very little about the EU. I had done a Masters degree in the 70s; brought up my family, and by the early 2000s was ready to return to University. I was privileged to return to University to complete a Second Masters Degree; this time in European Policy, European Law and European Economic Analysis. Words cannot describe the horror I felt as I delved into the truth of the EU. Sends shivers down my spine to this day, remembering the horror of the realisation, that we had been hoodwinked into the EU by deceitful, disingenuous, intentionally devious means. The populace of the UK was never intended to find out the truth behind the EU, until they reckoned it was too late. Truth is it almost....almost...almost is too late. We already are, in the UK, all but a federal state in the United States of Europe. You never quite realised that, did you? Why? Because they very deliberately decided not to tell you! They deliberately created a political elite who knew full well that power was being ceded, systematically, Treaty by Treaty, to the EU. But who knew? They did! But were we the UK populace ever informed? Absolutely not! Why? They made mega millions from EU scammery & we the minions were shafted day, daily, monthly, yearly & forever. Where did your pensions go? Where did your schools, your NHS, your housing, your social services go? Well, £55 million per day, every day, every week, every month, every year..... Guess what? That is why UK is bankrupted for generations to come, with a £1.5 trillion pound debt. I wish I could enlighten the populace of the UK to the real truth about the EU. I spent a year studying the EU in depth, visiting both the EU Parliament and EU Commission in Brussels. Every word I heard in lectures, hundreds of hours of lectures, every word I researched for my thesis and every thing I saw in Brussels, lead me to the inescapable conclusion that the EU is an utterly corrupt, profligate, political monstrosity which has destroyed British jobs and bankrupted the UK for generations to come. The EU operates on lobbying, which is the technical term for bribery and corruption. Whatever Cameron says, EU law has supremacy over our UK law unless there is Treaty change. He may say so but the truth is that 27 other countries will never agree, this side of eternity, to change the Treaties.
So …..what is the connection between the EU, the Bilderberg Group and the almost completed TTIP? (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership)
The Bilderberg Group meet in secret each year and they are a group of phenomenally wealthy men and women from the worlds of big business, banking and politics, coming from across Europe and the US.
The TTIP represents an integral component of Bilderberg’s attempt to rescue the unipolar world (New World Order) by creating a “world company,” initially a free trade area, which would connect the United States with Europe. Just as the European Union started as a mere free trade area and was eventually transformed into a political federation which controls upwards of 50 per cent of its member states’ laws and regulations with total contempt for national sovereignty and democracy, TTIP is designed to accomplish the same goal, only on a bigger scale.
The treaty is likely to advantage the corporations of both the US and the EU, while disadvantaging their people. It presents a danger to democracy and public protection throughout the trading area.
The Bilderberg Group are focussing on how to derail a global political awakening that threatens to hinder Bilderberg’s long standing agenda to centralize power into a one world political federation, a goal set to be advanced with the passage of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP),
Bilderberg globalists are aghast and there is panic in the ranks that their planned EU superstate is being eroded as a result of a populist resistance all around Europe, mainly centred around animosity towards uncontrolled immigration policies.
And just who might we expect to find at such a secret gathering? Angela Merkel, Herman Van Rompuy (ex President of EU Council), Jean Claude Juncker, (Present President of the EU Commission), Martin Schultz,( Present President of EU Parliament), David Cameron, George Osbourne, Tony Blair, Ed Balls, Rona Fairhead, (Chair of the BBC Trust), Michael O’Leary of RyanAir, Stuart Rose (ex M & S, and BSE Chairman), Bill Clinton, Barak Obama………..…and many more. What do they all have in common? They are all trying to persuade you to stay in the EU. Why? Because it is in their warped self interest to do so! Is any of this in your interests? Absolutely not! Their modus operandi is that truth becomes lies and lies become truth. Sound familiar?
No possible option available, other than to get Out of EU ASAP. Vote Leave!

https://www.facebook.com/betsy.m.mackay/posts/10206656209345358

Not to hijack the thread, but I wonder if I am alone in thinking we are being asked to vote on the wrong thing?
Strikes me that this a decisive vote, whereas it has only come about because the PM failed to renegotiate anything - which kinda suggests he won't be able to renegotiate anything else in the future (whether we are in or out).
There are many good elements to being members of a common market, trade and some standards for example, but not the creeping wave of uncontrolled mass immigration (that drives down wages and unburdens rubbish EU countries from sorting out their dire economies but benefiting from ours), and legislation that seeks to disenfranchise British citizens from thinking and behaving freely.
How is it that France and Germany are allowed to provide state support to their industries (Airbus, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen EDF etc) unchallenged for being anti-competitive but we are not?
It is that sort of hypocrisy that has meant our industries get very easily consumed by EU companies and we become slaves to the EU mantra "Don't leave otherwise we'll have to reconsider our plants in Oxford...or our investment in British nuclear...or our power over your territorial waters.." Or the worst part of it "...you'll be at the back of the queue..". A 'now or never' is not what I wanted, and now we are forced into voting on something that is a ****e sandwich whichever way it ends up.

Don't forget Belgium supporting their steel industry through paying the staff one day a week from government funds, plus Italy supporting various industries, plus the accounts for the EU not being signed off for about a decade due to fraud, plus we were sold an econumic community and ending up with a federal state.

If we vote out, we don't stop being in Europe, we just get our life back and the chance to properly negotiate our position.

Europe needs us more than we need them. IMHO.

Back