Thread: Karrimor sf boots

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north

Karrimor sf boots

Is anyone wearing the above boots?...... if so what are your thought pleas?

And before someone says buy meindl or harkila or le chameau or any other boots.. I want a review on the karrimor sf boots only please as I have tried most boots available (except harkila which I don't fancy), and I have a fantastic pair of gronnell boots already but I want a back up pair and the karrimor are a good price and look like a good boot.

Appreciate your views

Thanks

Steve

I've used Karrimor in the past, I'm also a fan of Gronell, I've always found karrimor to be snug and narrow fitting and usually have to get the next size up which then means they are a little long. Build and material quality have always been good but for my feet they just don't fit, they bring no added benefits that you already have with the Gronell

I have the SF boot quite heavy and very warm, where did you see them for sale and how much were they?

i had a pair of karimoor boots once but not the sf ones your after, after just one outing they were leaking in several places and i found them to be very poorly made throughout i certainly would not touch another pair again

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    i had a pair of karimoor boots once but not the sf ones your after, after just one outing they were leaking in several places and i found them to be very poorly made throughout i certainly would not touch another pair again
    not surprising...

Karimoor, and Karimoor SF are two completely seperate and unconnected entities that arose from the ashes of the Karimoor brand that went bust in the 1990's - Karimoor is a name that was bought by the Sports Direct empire and attached to any old tat they can manufacture in China and that they flog in the Chav Havens they call shops. Karimoor SF is a company founded by some of those who worked in the old Karimoor design/production team, and the philosphies of the two could not be more different.

Karimoor is market stall rubbish, Karimoor SF is good quality, high end stuff.

theres a wiki article if you want to read it... Karrimor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i've still got a Karimoor climbing daysack i bought in 1992, its a bit scuffed but fine, and you'd never believe it was 25 years old - however if you went into sports direct and bought a daysack today you'd be fortunate if it survived the journey home...