Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don`t laugh but ...

Don`t laugh but ...

I joined Slimming World four weeks ago and I`m curious as to whether anyone belongs to it or did.
    I have a 29 mile sponsored walk coming up on August 28th in aid of a charity called Elliot`s Touch. In truth I felt like I needed to shift some weight but a self imposed type of diet would never work on me hence joining up.
    I`ve lost 8lbs since joining and I`m well happy with that.
    So .. anyone else??
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Joined a few weeks earlier than you and have lost a stone, eating plenty of good food, lots of fruit and veg and feeling a load better in myself.
    Is there a time and place for spontaneity?

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I joined Slimming World four weeks ago and I`m curious as to whether anyone belongs to it or did.
    I have a 29 mile sponsored walk coming up on August 28th in aid of a charity called Elliot`s Touch. In truth I felt like I needed to shift some weight but a self imposed type of diet would never work on me hence joining up.
    I`ve lost 8lbs since joining and I`m well happy with that.
    So .. anyone else??
    Good on you basil. I don't think anyone in their right mind would laugh, it's great to hear of success stories in the battle against the middle aged spread. On a similar vein, I went to se a hypnotherapist a while back which so far has resulted in over a stone gone in two months, people may take the piss, but whatever works is surely a good thing.

what walk are you doing by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Good on you basil. I don't think anyone in their right mind would laugh, it's great to hear of success stories in the battle against the middle aged spread. On a similar vein, I went to se a hypnotherapist a while back which so far has resulted in over a stone gone in two months, people may take the piss, but whatever works is surely a good thing.

what walk are you doing by the way.
    From Bridgwater to Taunton along the canal and back, 14.5 miles each way.
    Elliot was 13 months old when he died from Cardiomyopathy, this is a fund raiser to aid research.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Well done Basil, and for a really good cause.

I suspect no surprise - but 'slimming' what's that?

Seriously - good for you and for putting effort into a good cause.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    From Bridgwater to Taunton along the canal and back, .
    Hi John, tip your hat when passing Bridgwater, the place of my birth, mother was evacuated there during the war.
    I think I was a farewell present from my father to my mother before they were separated ;-)

I need to lose weight as well as get fitter trouble is these slimming clubs cost money and that is tight right now. So will have to go it alone.......... seems some things never change.

I joined Slimming World on the 19th January so 14 weeks ago and to date I`ve lost 2 stone 2lb ( 15 bags of sugar ) still got a stone to loose, I need to get into my speedos in time for my cruise in June

I`m very pleased with that but the best thing is that before I had lost the weight I had to inject insulin , 75 units of a morning and 75 units of an evening, and take tablets for my type 2 diabetes now I only take the tablets and my dose will be re-assessed next month with the view to reducing the amount of tablets I take

Keep at it basil sounds like your doing great, and remember, use all of your sins each day and plenty of green on your plate, I don`t know you from Adam but I`m with you in spirit with this

Ask The mods if you can stick a sponsor / pledge sheet on here I`m sure you`ll get loads of sponsors, If they do agree I`ll start it off by increasing your mileage to 30 and pledge you a 1 a mile let me know where to send my 30

All the best

Bob

[QUOTE=Conure;1108232]I need to lose weight as well as get fitter trouble is these slimming clubs cost money and that is tight right now. So will have to go it alone.......... seems some things never change.[/QUOTE
    It`s 9 on your first visit and 4.95 weekly after that and they help you every step of the way. Well worth the outlay.