Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Wellies

Which Wellies

Hi Folks

Lots of welly upsilons out there.......Hunter,Aigle, le chameux etc.

neoprene inside leather inside.

Too much choice. Any advice most welcome.

Avoid Chameux, I won't buy another pair.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Muck boots Are very good for price

Aigle get lots of votes, but I went for Toggi when my Le Chameaus finally gave up as my budget was low... They're good enough, but I will probably get Aigle as and when the coffers refill. I'd have another pair of Le Chameau, but the newer ones don't appear to be anywhere near as well made, and I'm not spending north of £200 to prove that point!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Aigle get lots of votes, but I went for Toggi when my Le Chameaus finally gave up as my budget was low... They're good enough, but I will probably get Aigle as and when the coffers refill. I'd have another pair of Le Chameau, but the newer ones don't appear to be anywhere near as well made, and I'm not spending north of £200 to prove that point!
    I went for Toggi's regardless of budget - they are still the best-lasting wellies I've had in the last 20 years!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by ogri View Post
    Muck boots Are very good for price
    Mine split, one pair replaced the replacements split as well.

Dunlop Purofort for £42. Insulated and good so far.

Aigle is very good and comfortable. I use both neoprene lined and unlined for the best part of 30 years.

I will probably have a go at the Decathlon wellies next time? Just to give them a try. About 1/2 price of the Aigles and also the nice tight riding boot design. They might be rubbish, but if you don't try them, .........
    I also have muckboots, don't like them. lethal on wet hard surfaces and far to stiff. Tiring to walk in.

Just been into decathlon during a trip down Ayrshire way.... Well I would try the wellies ...had them along side the Aigles ( which were £119)
    Look ok, worth a go ....., I. Really impressed with the Solognac's trousers tho for £34.99

Paul

Thirded the decathlon wellies. Got a pair in september and used them through the season on walk up days and doe culling. Plenty of use and they are warm and comfy, look pretty good and fairly tough. With a 2 year waranty on them also if you do get a split where there shouldnt be just send them back (unless it was barbed wire induced!).