What brand scope is this please?

No way! I just found it on my old air rifle in the loft! I bought it off another lad at school for about a tenner in the 90s!

looks like the doctor optic logo
Certainly both logos represent an owl.
logo-docter.png

Yet, to the eye of faith, the word nearest the eye-piece reads '_AP_N'

Last edited:
Lifted from another forum,I wonder whether this Japanese maker also assembles binoculars for Minox and Docter as there is no "Made in Germany" tag on either despite the blizzard of German on the boxes of both brands.

A maker like Docter the scope would have a serial number on it ............................................... would it not?

To my eye the transfer looks slightly askew. Coupled with the fact that it is just a transfer rather than incised lettering...sadly it does not indicate hi-spec.

Alan

Last edited:
i'm sure my old man had a scope the same as this on his .22lr when you look through it is it a round picture or a sort of wide angle t.v. screen shape

I think your all right it's probably a fake. I shan't rush to put on my 30 cal then.

My genuine Docter sits quite happily on mine, the real logo looks nothing like yours and of course the serial number?

i had a nikko stirling on my 300wm as a back up when my S&B let go

performed admirably!

don't knock it until you have tried it

as per others but do's that say japan ? a big flag if it do's, doctor are made in Germany don't think they were made in japan the number should be the best way to tell ,but at the end of the day if it works why worry ? push bike or motor bike both will get you to the same spot at some stage one is a hell of a lot cheaper but still works :D

Back