Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingers crossed. Expanding bullets MAY be taken off section 5

Fingers crossed. Expanding bullets MAY be taken off section 5

Some welcome clarification/amendment of the 'Estate Rifle' clause as well.

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com...ll-amendments/

amongst other things I understand that if the Police fail to renew your certificate in good time
    your old certificate will still have effect after the expiry date ?????

Quote Originally Posted by badbob View Post
    amongst other things I understand that if the Police fail to renew your certificate in good time
    your old certificate will still have effect after the expiry date ?????
    ...........up until the application is determined???
    Interesting use of words, the way i see this means that an application could be given the nod by the licensing manager(on behalf of the CC) but the paperwork could sit in the pile for several weeks until the certificate is issued still leaving applicants with a period where they could be in possession of firearms without a current FAC

Ian.

I think you're splitting hairs, it's clearly the intent of the amendment to get rid of the current ludicrous situation surrounding the issue of temporary permits.
    If the application has been "given the nod", that surely means there is a record - physical or electronic that the application has been approved. If the Police fail to send out the new FAC to the applicant, then the existing FAC is still valid until he receives and signs the new document
    If the application is refused, I have no doubt the rozzers would be round toute suite to take away the applicants firearms

Cheers

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    If this is the case then that would be very welcome. Was an oversight expanding became S5 anyway
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

The vain hope was that moderators might have been removed from Section 1 but there's no mention of that which is an opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    If this is the case then that would be very welcome. Was an oversight expanding became S5 anyway
    Not an oversight but a complete and utter balls up!
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Not an oversight but a complete and utter balls up!
    Trying to use Parliamentary Language. If MPs voted on it, I'm guessing it's probably safe to say it is a balls up.
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Trying to use Parliamentary Language. If MPs voted on it, I'm guessing it's probably safe to say it is a balls up.
    I'm not sure that MPs voted on it initially.

I think it may have been an enactment by the Home Secretary after advise from a Home Office department and following a EU directive regarding expanding PISTOL ammunition and projectiles. Of course this would have been later reinforced by legislation that brought about the pistol ban.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.