Thread: Walked Up Grouse Shooting in England

Walked Up Grouse Shooting in England

Hi

Looking for walked up Grouse shooting at a reasonable price. Have my own dogs. Happy to join small number of guns or go solo. With a view of taking a number of days if right.

Let me know

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike hague View Post
    Hi

Looking for walked up Grouse shooting at a reasonable price. Have my own dogs. Happy to join small number of guns or go solo. With a view of taking a number of days if right.

Let me know

Thanks

Mike
    Try pigeon watch. Someone last year was actually advertising this at a reasonable price but as with everything in shooting it doesn't mean that you do not have to have a thick belt firmly attached to your underpants. Good look in your search.

There is a days walked up grouse shooting in this years BDS auction

Guns on pegs usually has some advetised too, otherwise try some land agents althou they will probably want there cut out of it too, J M osbourne manages a lot of moors, as well as ur usual other land/sporting agents.

The only thing i'd say esp if u've never been on the grouse is just go to enjoy the day, u really can't beat it, but they can be very very unpredicatable even on a good moor with good keepers/dogs. Very hard for a keeper to attempt to share shooting out if 1/2 guns not in the birds, he will try but birds don't alays play ball or a predator may have moved them from the normal good spots.
    That advert on PW was a great price per gun, BUT was a lot of guns for the bag, i'm sure it was working out around 200 a brace (ruff avereage 90-120ish brace walked up/pointer or 150ish for driven) can't remember the bag but think was only really 1 bird per gun, would be quite unusual on any walked up day to spread shooting out so evenly, in reality a few would prob shoot 2/3 grouse few would not shoot any and i'd saya good chance atleast 1 won't get barrells dirty.
    Just the way it goes, sure u'd still have a fantastic day thou