Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary guide possibly required

Temporary guide possibly required

I have a very busy season ahead of me in Scotland, and already have three very good professional guides who are good friends and work with me throughout the season. However due to other work I MAY be in need of a guide on one or two of the SD weeks.

Full board and all meals included. You must have Level 2 and be experienced in highland stalking This may not happen, so its not definite, but I would be looking at the last two weeks of October.

Please PM me with your details.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If it does all work out this will doubtless be a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If I had more experience of guiding on reds I'd jump at the chance!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Willie, its not only Reds its Sika as well. Most of it is in woodland, but there is some open hill. Let me know if you are considering it.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Willie, its not only Reds its Sika as well. Most of it is in woodland, but there is some open hill. Let me know if you are considering it.
    Malc

Many thanks.

Even though I've had annual trips to the Hill for the last 20 years, I don't really think my experience of "soft Southern stalking" for roe and muntjac would be ideal. Getting up at a reasonable time of day and having breakfast before going stalking would be a novelty though

I am sure there are other, more qualified and deserving, candidates on here who will take you up on what is a great offer.

Dom
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Dom, Don't be selli'n yourself short, you have the right physique for the uplands, I can't get me legs up & over that blasted heather.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thank you to everyone who has responded thus far. I will get back to you all shortly. This would be mostly helping out on the 2 SD weeks. The stalking is Sika and Red, stags and hinds.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

If not for the military, I would put myself forward for this opportunity Malc!

Hi Malc I have absolutely no where near enough experience but this is something I would love to get into in the future. How does one go about it from a novice perspective? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Hi Malc I have absolutely no where near enough experience but this is something I would love to get into in the future. How does one go about it from a novice perspective? Thanks
    A lot of years, getting to know people, having enough land to hunt all the species and paying for it!! Oh and experience lots of it in all weathers and environments, in the UK and abroad.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I would have been interested but for 2 reasons.
    1) I have no experience of highland stalking, unless stalking in the Rocky Mountains counts?
    2) I will be on my way to the Rocky Mountains when you will be Scotland.

Sounds great though, good luck.

Cheers

Richard