Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma

Dilemma

Hi Looking for some guidance here.

I Have 7mm.08 Ack Imp. I have run 100+ manufacturer rounds through and am now ready to reload.

And this is where it get ummm...

I have a large amount of Vhit N160 from my .243 loading.

I Have Nosler 140gr BT Heads

I Have CCI BR Primers.

I cannot find any reloading data for N160 + Nosler BT 140gr. I can find in the Viht reloading data sheet N150.

So I either waste half a tub of Viht N160 and buy N150 or somehow find a balance.

Maybe muir has an answer to this?

Regards
    Colin.

Use the 160 grain data for the VV160. Generally speaking, you can always use a slightly lighter bullet for a given powder and charge weight. It may not be efficient but it will work fine, I'm sure. ~Muir

N160 is really too slow, but if you have no other use for it, you might as well use it up. You could use the N150 data and go a grain or two higher.

When you go to buy powder for the 7/08, think of Benchmark and Reloder15, something in that burn range. I have found Benchmark to be excellent in a few rounds.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by arthursc View Post
    Hi Looking for some guidance here.

I Have 7mm.08 Ack Imp. I have run 100+ manufacturer rounds through and am now ready to reload.

And this is where it get ummm...

I have a large amount of Vhit N160 from my .243 loading.

I Have Nosler 140gr BT Heads

I Have CCI BR Primers.

I cannot find any reloading data for N160 + Nosler BT 140gr. I can find in the Viht reloading data sheet N150.

So I either waste half a tub of Viht N160 and buy N150 or somehow find a balance.

Maybe muir has an answer to this?

Regards
    Colin.
    Hi mate let me know you bullet make and weight plus barrel length i will run the numbers throuigh quickload to get you a starting point

Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    Hi mate let me know you bullet make and weight plus barrel length i will run the numbers throuigh quickload to get you a starting point
    19" 1/2 barrel, Fed Cases, CCI Benchmark primers, Nosler 140gr BT Spitler.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrYou View Post
    is this any good to you ?
    http://stevespages.com/284_8_139.html
    Ideal. A start. Will compare with Vhits tables to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

708 rem

try reloadersnest.com i use n550 h4350 h4895 n140 pet load h4350 barnes 140 or hornadysst 139 with 48grans gives2760fps but this is through 24 inch barrel youmight need to use n140

colin

Quote Originally Posted by arthursc View Post
    19" 1/2 barrel, Fed Cases, CCI Benchmark primers, Nosler 140gr BT Spitler.

Thanks
    Hi mate Ive just ran your numbers for you,the top end which quickload worked out with Vit 160 is 52.3 gr giving 2750 FPS with 92.24 powder burnt down the barrel
    from my expereince quick load isnt that good and has been a country mile out,I would load the full charge of 52.3 and see what it gives through a chrono,but personally vit 160 is a bit slow for your caliber,varget and Vit 140 seem s to be the better chioce,i can run a few different powders to see what comes up best
    you can sell your 160 as its is a popular powder i use it myself

Have you updated your quickload? I beleive you can do so and they have made soem corrections to the original programme I understand.