Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey bees nest

Honey bees nest

Hi might sound a bit random I'm a pest controller and last year removed 2 bees nests alive from houses with the intention of melting the whole thing down separating the wax and honey and making mead. Any way never got round to it it's been in the freezer about 10 months does any one want this lot before I get rid I would guess there is at least 30 lb of honey and 3-5lb wax in heavy duty sacks. I don't want any greif about killing bees these had to go and I didn't use insecticide to protect other bees and waited till they had both swarmed. It would need collecting from near Ely Cambs
    Jake

I have just passed the message onto a friend of mine

Any takers seems a shame to waste it

YOu still got this mate?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Yep still here all frozen. You interested

Definitely a waste if he isn't.

If he doesn't want it your local beekeepers will generally be happy to take and process it. I'd have it myself but your a bit far away. Lol
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by shakey jake View Post
    Yep still here all frozen. You interested
    Yes mate I've never done anything like that before so could be interesting to do with the kids too. I'll need to read up on it though!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Good luck with that Stratts. Another fantastic SD offer

Put it in the oven at a very low temperature. By low I think maybe 70 degrees? Been a long time now. If it is too hot it will become what they call bakers honey so you are just trying to get the was and honey to melt. Pour it into a bowl and let set. The wax comes to the top and when cool you can see 3 layers. Wax, bee icky stuff and honey. Separate the 3. Keep the wax and strain the honey and give the icky stuff to someone you don't like.

keep a jug of warm water and do everything in a very small area because it will get sticky and the less area to be sticky the better. Warm water cleans the sticky stuff off great.
    If you have clean jars warm them up so when you put the lid on it create a vacumn so no air or moisture.

Got it? Sorted? Just go check the temperature cos I'm not sure about that.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .