Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disclosing speed camera fine and referees.

Disclosing speed camera fine and referees.

Do I need to mention on my renewal that I was caught on a speed camera. First time was about six years ago, fine and points. The second was about three years ago, but went on the speed awareness course, so no points. Also, am i right in thinking that we just give two peoples details to be approached as referees, and the police make contact with them, as apposed to the old way that we gave them a form and they sent it back. Cheers for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    Do I need to mention on my renewal that I was caught on a speed camera. First time was about six years ago, fine and points. The second was about three years ago, but went on the speed awareness course, so no points. Also, am i right in thinking that we just give two peoples details to be approached as referees, and the police make contact with them, as apposed to the old way that we gave them a form and they sent it back. Cheers for the help guys.
    Yes you need to state your speeding offences on your renewal application, i got caught by a mobile camera van 4 years ago, fined and points like yourself, i contacted BASC and asked if i need to inform the licensing department of my conviction, they said no not during the life of the certificate but you must on renewal.

Ian.

Hi spot on with the referees just give them the names addresses and contact details on the forms and send back with the rest of the forms as to the speeding yes you must mention any convictions this includes traffic offences This includes the awareness course as it will still be on record

Quote Originally Posted by neil the plumber View Post
    well if your one fine was 6 years ago I'm guessing you declared it on your last renewal didn't you ?

Put everything down and declare everything that they will know about already as it shows honesty no matter how trivial

regards referees yeah just put the info down and the police will contact them direct

Interesting. Here is a copy of the Grant/Renewal form on the Herts Police website. How would you interpret where it says "not including parking, or fixed penalty notices" ?

Reading this again, it's really ambiguous ? I assumed it meant speeding offenses, where a fixed penalty does not apply ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Interesting. Here is a copy of the Grant/Renewal form on the Herts Police website. How would you interpret where it says "not including parking, or fixed penalty notices" ?

Reading this again, it's really ambiguous ? I assumed it meant speeding offenses, where a fixed penalty does not apply ?

Just state all your convictions regardless, that way you have been totally upfront and honest rather then being told by your licensing dept. that you failed to disclose all convictions.

Ian.

If you opted for the speed awareness you have not been convicted for that particular instance, however mentioning it will not do your application any harm.

It has no relevance to them, it is purely to see if you are honest when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7046 View Post
    If you opted for the speed awareness you have not been convicted for that particular instance, however mentioning it will not do your application any harm.
    +1 and I was also told by BASC that I didn't have to mention it.

And if your speeding conviction/s were many years ago and you cannot remember the details/ dates/ number of?
    I ask because I don't know where this info would be on file, i have recently received my pnc information for a work related matter and none of my speeding offences are shown, how would I find out dates and details if not on the pnc system?
    thanks
    1. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)
    2. Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.