Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Discovery TD5 5 seater in outstanding condition having done only 85k

1999 Discovery TD5 5 seater 85k reduced to £2650

Update 20/6/16 I've been offered £2650 in part ex. I think it's worth a lot more however in the interests of moving on I'd rather give the same opportunity to someone here first. PM me if this is of interest, no offers on this price obviously!

Hi guys, quick update, it now has a fresh MOT and as it was an early MOT it is tested to 29/5/17. It did pick up an advisory for corrosion on the offside rear chassis leg next to the tank and although it's only an advisory I've booked it in to get this taken care of next Tuesday.

I bought this discovery in Easter 2015 as a long term car but for reasons I wonít bore you with we are going down to one economical family runabout so here it is up for sale.
    1999 Discovery TD5 5 seater in outstanding condition having done only 85k. It has been professionally converted from air bags to rear springs and freshly serviced with synthetic oil and all new filters when I bought it. It also comes with a good kenwood CD/Radio
    If you know the discovery 2s youíll also know that most look nice and shiny on top but itís what lurks underneath that sorts the wheat from the chaff. It had been regularly waxoyled and I also waxoyled it last summer. This is a good one, thatís why I bought it!
    It has done just over 1500 miles on 4 new tyres and the spare also has at least 7mm on it. Iíve completely removed refurbished and properly resealed the sunroofs, proper operation and no leaks.
    Iíve also recently had fitted;
    New genuine LR ďi n tankĒ fuel pump
    Complete new steel and rubber power steering pipe kit
    New front wheelbearing and speed sensor to cure a ďthree amigosĒ issue
    New steering knuckle joints and a complete drag link kit. The steering is now as tight as a nuns thingy and there is absolutely no wander.
    I have receipts for all work done.
    At this price Iím keeping the dog box but it will come with it's mint modesty panel.
    Iím advertising elsewhere at a higher price but here on SD itís a straight cash price of £2995

Last edited by sanibel686; 20-06-2016 at 12:58.

Would also consider a trade with a small economical diesel estate big enough for two pointers!

Hi guys, quick update, passed it's MOT yesterday and as it was an early MOT it is now tested to 29/5/17.
    It did pick up an advisory for corrosion on the offside rear chassis leg next to the tank and although it's only an advisory I've booked it in to get this taken care of next Tuesday.

would also take the right l/h o/u in px

Now back from the garage and all good to go

close offers guys?
    Also still looking for a leftie o/u 12bore

Guys I've just listed on ebay at £2950 and FYI doing a search on ebay there are 30 manual TD5s with less than 100k on the clock and mine is the second cheapest

Update 20/6/16 I've been offered £2650 in part ex. I think it's worth a lot more however in the interests of moving on I'd rather give the same opportunity to someone here first. PM me if this is of interest, no offers on this price obviously!