Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red hind target

Red hind target

Afternoon, I am doing a bit of market research here , last winter I went with some friends up on the hinds to Scotland , before we went we wanted to practice shooting at longer distances as we new we would probably have to up there .
    We wanted a life size red deer hind target to stick on a piece of ply and shoot out to 200 m etc . We /I couldn't find one for love than money !!!
    So I have managed to get my father to draw/ paint one to scale .
    The question is if I can manage to get them re produced on to Paper so people could put them on board and cut around or just shoot At them .
    Would people on here be intrested in buying one ?
    How much would you pay for one ?
    Many thanks
    Tom

Hello,

a guy guy on ebay selling them, both A0 & A1 size. A good price too.

Really could you tell me what it's under ? I will have a look .a1 and a0 are not to scale on a red hind though are they ? We wanted an actual life size target so when shooting at the longer distances you could get a prospective.
    This one we have done is actual life size .

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Afternoon, I am doing a bit of market research here , last winter I went with some friends up on the hinds to Scotland , before we went we wanted to practice shooting at longer distances as we new we would probably have to up there .
    We wanted a life size red deer hind target to stick on a piece of ply and shoot out to 200 m etc . We /I couldn't find one for love than money !!!
    So I have managed to get my father to draw/ paint one to scale .
    The question is if I can manage to get them re produced on to Paper so people could put them on board and cut around or just shoot At them .
    Would people on here be intrested in buying one ?
    How much would you pay for one ?
    Many thanks
    Tom
    I just sketched this profile using the size of deer of the net...
    Just a builders pencil and jig saw...
    You only need the front half unless using a 6x42

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...83-Deer-Target

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Red hinds are big.
    If you're stalking hinds, you'll be having to shoot calves as well. One could question the point of practising on the big ones when you'll also have to shoot the little ones at the ranges you describe.
    If you can hit the little ones properly, then the big ones shouldn't be too much of a challenge - and a good substitute for a red calf target is the relatively-common roebuck target.

That said, a red hind target would be a fun thing to have. I suggest as follows...
    Take the picture to a graphic design shop where they have a big enough scanner to scan it. If they have a big enough scanner, they'll likely have a big enough printer. They'll also be able to put some 'hidden' scoring-rings in its chest, by cunning manipulation of the image.

They should then be able to print them on good heavy poster-grade paper, which you'll be able to paste on to a Correx board, or whatever.
    Additionally, they'll be able to print you a load of 'centres' (i.e. the chest and scoring-diagram) so that you can pop another one on when the previous one is shot out. When it gets really battered, you paste the new centres onto their own bit of Correx and staple them on.

For the purposes of economy, though, (not to speak of convenience of handling!)I think I personally might stick to a roebuck as a practice-target, for the reason outlined at the beginning - though oddly I've only ever stalked hinds; never roe.

Last edited by Dalua; 28-04-2016 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Red hinds are big.
    If you're stalking hinds, you'll be having to shoot calves as well. One could question the point of practising on the big ones when you'll also have to shoot the little ones at the ranges you describe.
    If you can hit the little ones properly, then the big ones shouldn't be too much of a challenge - and a good substitute for a red calf target is the relatively-common roebuck target.......
    Indeed, and they can be found here - Roe Black Silhouette Target 69 87 cm Regards JCS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160428_182404.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	69544
    As above... block poster printer...cut a stick onto correx...life size

WTF is correx?????

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    WTF is correx?????
    The stuff estate agents for sale signs are made of like corrugated plastic.....