Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Yorkshire Police

South Yorkshire Police

Whilst the Firearms team may be 'up to snuff' the chief con has gone as a result of the " you can be proud of what you did" following the recent inquest.
    The replacement has agreed to step down as she was being investigated in her previous position. Not, I suspect what most rank and file officer of SYP would have wished.
    Does it call into question the authoritarian police forces we know or does it argue for amalgamation ?
    For me, it confirms the police and particularly Chief Cons have become a law unto themselves and Teresa May had best take this opportunity to neuter the NPCC and ensure the 'service' ethic is paramount in any future force which may replace/amalgamate with SYP.
    Were I PM I would remove all chief cons and make a single person the CPO of England, one for Wales and one for Scotland; supervised by a parliamentary committee ,they would never again develop the power they see as their right ATM.
    Any other views?
    Should we ask Andy Marsh ?

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    whilst the firearms team may be 'up to snuff' the chief con has gone as a result of the " you can be proud of what you did" following the recent inquest.
    The replacement has agreed to step down as she was being investigated in her previous position. Not, i suspect what most rank and file officer of syp would have wished.
    Does it call into question the authoritarian police forces we know or does it argue for amalgamation ?
    For me, it confirms the police and particularly chief cons have become a law unto themselves and teresa may had best take this opportunity to neuter the npcc and ensure the 'service' ethic is paramount in any future force which may replace/amalgamate with syp.
    Were i pm i would remove all chief cons and make a single person the cpo of england, one for wales and one for scotland; supervised by a parliamentary committee ,they would never again develop the power they see as their right atm.
    Any other views?
    Should we ask andy marsh ?
    masons!!!

A&S has had about 4 chief constables in about 5 years, all gone in disgrace and all under the tenure of Sue Mountstevens.
    She still has the balls to stand for re election.
    I think the whole police force is too big to be managed by one but a single governing body might be the way to go.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

SYP does not have a proud history and its name has become a byword for ineptitude, criminal neglect, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice etc. everything that May said. The one thing they crow about is catching the Yorkshire Ripper. I hail from South Yorkshire and have experienced their incompetence and self-serving and conspiratorial tendencies first hand in the 1980s. It is true to say that they waded into the miners at Orgreave in a manner that would impress William the B'Stard (famed for his genocide of the Anglo-Danes in the Harrying of The North).

The SYP is un-reformable, the culture too ingrained and too many special interests. Orgreave itself and the conspiracy to frame the miners for riot should have been enough to cause its abolition, but Thatcher owed them a favour vis a vis the miners.

So the force began to adopt an air of invincibility and impunity so it is not surprising that they would seek to protect themselves over Hillsborough. I was lucky not to lose family members there. My brother-in-law broke his leg the week before and so he and my nephew could not go. Though from SY, they were ardent Liverpool fans.

Hillsborough happened, and then a whole new generation of officers, weaned on the SYP culture contrived to turn a blind eye to the Rotherham Child Abuse scandal.

My fervent wish is that the force be abolished, the whole senior command struck off, but able lower ranks (there must be some, surely), to re-apply for employment in a new regional force known as Greater Yorkshire Police Service, with North and West Yorkshire subsumed, along with Cleveland and Humberside (these latter forces leave a lot to be desired - recall CC Colin Westwood, refusing to step down on the orders of Home Secretary Blunkett, and the Cleveland CC famed for his zero tolerance approach who was also questionable).

Led by a Police Commissioner for the GYPS, and with an influx of senior army officers who know how to maintain an oath of service, especially dedicated to the SY "command". With Assistant commissioners for each of the erstwhile areas now merged.

Meanwhile, lets not forget the scandal of those who managed to ingratiate themselves into senior positions at other forces. They should face investigation and judgement by juries.

Thank goodness for juries.
    Last edited by Greymaster; 28-04-2016 at 21:01.

I seem to remember they only caught the Ripper due to some bobby on the beat nicking him despite the huge operation to catch him

If Teresa May had her way there would be no British police force. We would be in the hands of G4S
    ILB

To sort the Police Service out you would need to abolish it all and start again. Same goes for parliment both seem to be self serving and only after what theya can get.
    Last edited by Conure; 29-04-2016 at 08:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    To sort the Police Service out you would need to abolish it all and start again. Same goes for parliment both seem to be self serving and only after what theya can get.
    If the police are so bad, why don't you do it? I'm sure you'd shine. I don't doubt that you'd be far better than any of them at informing a family member that a loved one had died, at seizing the clothing of a still warm murder victim whilst preserving its forensic integrity as the poor soul's blood still ran from the trolley pooling at your feet, at interviewing a rapist or murderer, fighting for your life with some diseased drug crazed moron, presenting expert evidence in the Crown Court and performing fingertip searches for minute shreds of evidence in houses unfit to keep animals in. And all for less money than lots of supermarket managers and driving instructors earn. Yes, the police are only after what they can get.
    Open your eyes, man.
    Last edited by 20-250; 30-04-2016 at 00:35.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    If the police are so bad, why don't you do it? I'm sure you'd shine. I don't doubt that you'd be far better than any of them at informing a family member that a loved one had died, at seizing the clothing of a still warm murder victim whilst preserving its forensic integrity as the poor soul's blood still ran from the trolley pooling at your feet, at interviewing a rapist or murderer, fighting for your life with some diseased drug crazed moron, presenting expert evidence in the Crown Court and performing fingertip searches for minute shreds of evidence in houses unfit to keep animals in. And all for less money than lots of supermarket managers and driving instructors earn. Yes, the police are only after what they can get.
    Open your eyes, man.
    +1, its so easy to criticise from behind a keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Open your eyes, man.
    well said extremely difficult job in any sector constantly held by constraints of budget cuts and overtime bans while cases continue to mount understaffed and underpaid .
    Norma